2021 WSU transfers starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
    Everyone is going to have to re-recruit their own rosters every year. IB is having to do that right now.

He lost one in Porter - Eh ok.

Looks like he may lose a couple more. We will see who...

I have been fully pro IB and want to support and believe in him 100% - but recruiting this roster is job No. 1 for him and filling the holes is a close No. 2. Again, would be disappointing to see major pieces leave. Dex has some weird twitter post this morning.
    His Instagram had the same pic of him in Shocker uniform with “IYKYK” caption meaning If you know, you know. Not sure how to take that.

Comment

• Honestly, if Dex left it wouldn't bother me all that much.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
        Honestly, if Dex left it wouldn't bother me all that much.
        Well I wouldn’t be surprised to see one of Dex, Rc4, or Monzy leave. They’re all SFs that have occasionally or consistently played PF. I think there are enough minutes to go around and a replacement level player would be hard to find, so hopefully they all stay.

What I REALLY want is Seymore to put on 20 lbs this summer!
        Livin the dream

Comment

• If AG leaves we will have 0 pg on the roster. Deja vu all over again.
          I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by apkbaum View Post

His Instagram had the same pic of him in Shocker uniform with “IYKYK” caption meaning If you know, you know. Not sure how to take that.
            I don't know him personally but from afar, Dexter seems to like being a little mysterious. As a 21 year old, it's not unique for their moods to sometimes be on the bi-polar spectrum. They are unsure about a lot of things, and how their goals may turn out. I don't know his new room mate or closest support system, although I would imagine a lot of it is on the team. Kids that age, tend to lean on their support system a lot. If Dexter's support system includes Tyson, I have a lot of confidence in his support system. The article the next day after the Drake game indicated that some of the players are ready to improve for next year. I would think that the core players are probably involved in that. Porter surprised me a little but he may not have liked Wichita and wanted to get closer to home. Who knows for sure with kids this age?

Comment

• IDK

Comment

You are very likely in the minority there. Not only is he one of our best players and a key cog next year, he's also a great example of the type of kid you want representing the university off the court too.

Comment

That would not be good at all IMO. Dex leaving that is. Not whether it would bother you much.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                    Everyone is going to have to re-recruit their own rosters every year. IB is having to do that right now.

He lost one in Porter - Eh ok.

Looks like he may lose a couple more. We will see who...

I have been fully pro IB and want to support and believe in him 100% - but recruiting this roster is job No. 1 for him and filling the holes is a close No. 2. Again, would be disappointing to see major pieces leave. Dex has some weird twitter post this morning.
                    I'll preface this by saying this isn't meant to be an anti-IB comment...but this is why retaining the current roster should not have been a factor in the coaching hire. The right hire could have instantly brought in an entire roster of talented recruits. This is a very unique period we are experiencing with no transfer roadblocks. I don't believe it will last very long as the rules will change. There has never been a better time for a new coach to quickly set up shop.

Comment

• (I'll preface my statement by saying I'm not too much anti-anything ) Boy oh boy do I miss the days before facebook, twitter and instagram.

Comment

• Originally posted by apkbaum View Post

Note the pic of a dice on that post!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I don't know him personally but from afar, Dexter seems to like being a little mysterious.
                          If I had a bunch of grown adults trying to find hidden meaning in everything I posted, I'd probably have a little fun with it too. Not saying HE'S doing it on purpose, but I know I would for some laughs

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

If I had a bunch of grown adults trying to find hidden meaning in everything I posted, I'd probably have a little fun with it too. Not saying HE'S doing it on purpose, but I know I would for some laughs
                            “Grown adults”? C’mon man!
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

“Grown adults”? C’mon man!
                              Hey hey.. there is definitely such a thing as a "not grown" adult lol

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

I'll preface this by saying this isn't meant to be an anti-IB comment...but this is why retaining the current roster should not have been a factor in the coaching hire. The right hire could have instantly brought in an entire roster of talented recruits. This is a very unique period we are experiencing with no transfer roadblocks. I don't believe it will last very long as the rules will change. There has never been a better time for a new coach to quickly set up shop.
                                Agree 100%. If an AD makes a coaching hire based on the short term commitment of 18-21 year olds, that hire is liable to be short term as well. Hire the best for the program rather than what a current fickle player(s) might want.

CIB brings a lot of positives and we’ll soon see how well he recruits and see soon enough how well he coaches.

I hope he does well.

Comment

Working...
                                X