No announcement yet.

2021 WSU transfers starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody really expect an AD to say "Ya, we really wanted to lock up this coach so we don't have a bunch of transfers in the offseason."?

Comment

• Continuity and stability were certainly a factor in favor of IB's hiring, but I'm hard pressed to see how we have reached a point where it looks like we have failed in those areas.

We have seen teams that changed coaches this year where literally their entire roster left. Continuity was never likely to mean having 0 transfers (especially this year where everyone will see more transfers with the unique rules), but not having the kind of mass exodus that means your are completely starting over.

It is certainly true that if enough WSU players decide to transfer (especially if they had major roles), this criticism would have legs, but we are not remotely at that point.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
        Taylor saying there "could be a few more coming".
        Jenkins, JB..........?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I could be wrong but weren’t you one of the ones touting roster stability when giving reasons for the hire? There were definitely people touting that as a big reason.
          You must be thinking of someone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Jenkins, JB..........?
            My thought was IPBC and JB

Comment

• N/m
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

LOL. Now that’s funny. I didn’t read the article but if our AD says anything other than things like “IB shows a great vision for the future of our basketball program”, and “IB showed exemplary leadership and ability to keep our team together, during a difficult time”, then he should be fired.

However, There were more than a couple of posters on here who were truly fearful that if IB wasn’t hired, we’d have to start over with a totally new roster. Maybe not you, but You’re being a tad bit disingenuous, and dishonest if you don’t admit that there was a little bit of that attitude on Shockernet.
                Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

According to Shockernet?

Comment

• Why is there so much hand wringing over roster turnover? We’ve had a walk on and a a backup PG leave. No reason to speculate over who’s next, especially the speculation over starters leaving. Relax guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    Why is there so much hand wringing over roster turnover? We’ve had a walk on and a a backup PG leave. No reason to speculate over who’s next, especially the speculation over starters leaving. Relax guys.
                    Because they’re our guys, we love them, and we don’t want them to leave us.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Because they’re our guys, we love them, and we don’t want them to leave us.
                      I get it, but so far it’s just a couple backups. These guys want to play pro ball, every single one of them. They gotta go where they can play.

Comment

I get it, but so far it’s just a couple backups. These guys want to play pro ball, every single one of them. They gotta go where they can play.
                        a. Backups do become tomorrow starters

b. Veteran players provide quality depth

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

a. Backups do become tomorrow starters

b. Veteran players provide quality depth
                          you’re trying to convince the wrong person. These kids all think they’re starter material. Especially the JUCO transfers. Freshmen can afford to grow and learn, the JUCO guys have a short window to show off the goods.

Comment

So far . . .

Comment

• What are the odds on another announcement today?

Comment

Why is there so much hand wringing over roster turnover? We’ve had a walk on and a a backup PG leave. No reason to speculate over who’s next, especially the speculation over starters leaving. Relax guys.
                                Actually there have been 3:

Remy Roberts
                                Trevin Wade
                                Craig Porter

Comment

Working...
                                X