2021 WSU transfers starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

I think that will happen every year. Nothing new. But with easy transfer rules I can't imagine we won't lose at least 3 or 4 a year.
    Yeah, don't disagree, just think in a year where we didn't have a full season to recruit losing more players is going to be detrimental.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
      When he was recruited, he wanted to experience our rabid fan base, he trusted Lou G., and he seemed to like a coach like GM, because he was a ultra demanding coach. The rabid fan base, and CGM were never experienced by him. I'm not sure what he is looking for, but I hope he finds it. With as many transfers on the list as there are, he may not get what he is looking for. I would think he's hoping for a chance back home at IU, Purdue, or Notre Dame. We will soon find out.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
        Taylor saying there "could be a few more coming".
        Hopefully, Ricky isn't one of them.

Comment

I think that will happen every year. Nothing new. But with easy transfer rules I can't imagine we won't lose at least 3 or 4 a year.
          And I internally debate the pros and cons of this reality. My scholastic program had a pyramid enrollment each year; if you weren't cutting it, you weren't asked back. Everyone is given a chance to shine; if they aren't doing well enough to reach these goals, maybe moving on is ok... and then I think about the need to re-recruit each year and how that puts a program behind a senior laden team who has stuck together and understand the system. Hence the internal debate.

Comment

• I guess we also have to remember these kids came to play for Marshall. A coaching change is still a coaching change
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I guess we also have to remember these kids came to play for Marshall. A coaching change is still a coaching change
              Yep. As much as I hate to say it, there isn't a transfer that would surprise me. Like you and others have said, this is still 3Gs team.

Comment

I guess we also have to remember these kids came to play for Marshall. A coaching change is still a coaching change
                I think on the last Talk Angry, Taylor mentioned some players wanting to opt out of the year when Marshall left, but IB and staff were able to keep the team together.

Comment

Taylor also said this. Said it's the new norm and not to read too much in to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
                    These players have no clue. Gut things out people. Be accountable. If you didn't get the playing time you thought you deserved, hit the gym and get better.
                    It isn’t just the players. It’s their handlers, AAU coaches, and relatives, all of them grown ass adults giving them mentoring advice from outer space, mostly centered on how good they are and a change of scenery will fix everything. Also, don’t forget the third degrees of tampering going on from other schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

It isn’t just the players. It’s their handlers, AAU coaches, and relatives, all of them grown ass adults giving them mentoring advice from outer space, mostly centered on how good they are and a change of scenery will fix everything. Also, don’t forget the third degrees of tampering going on from other schools.
                      Welcome to NCAAU basketball.

Comment

• At this point, any player for any team who’s not projected to be a starter has a high likelihood of transferring.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                          At this point, any player for any team who’s not projected to be a starter has a high likelihood of transferring.
                          Most of them have been told so, from parents/coaches to recruiters both at the school chosen as well as recruiters from other schools. (As mentioned by Shoxlax)

Comment

• Transfers are nothing new. My guess is this will seem crazy for a while then will all settle back down hit an equilibrium that’s close to, maybe one or two more per year, where it’s always been.

Comment

• Porter’s potential > AG’s actual

Sucks.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• This is Jay Bilas’s NBA Lite now.

Thanks Jay! Your ideas are always so grand! Can’t wait til the $$$ starts flowing in and the charge call is eliminated from the game. Should be fun!
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X