Coaching Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wooglin View Post

Turner Gill, Charlie Weis, David Beaty, and Les Miles would all agree. KU seems to put forth quite an effort to drain the bank accounts of its boosters with the contracts they sign. The notoriety or fame of being a HC at KU guarantees a beautiful golden parachute for retirement. Good or bad, they take care of you, your children, and your grandchildren.
    I don’t think you’re supposed to wear the golden parachute as Bill Self did
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
      Punching a player and choking a coach aren’t “nothing wrong but being a hard@ss”.
      Yeah, even though I’m not sure of the events or severity of events that occurred, the allegations are much more than being an asshole.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
          Dang ... 29 year old taking over a program with a recent Final Four and Sweet 16 (and a LOT of Ls in between). Tough first gig.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
            Oklahoma: We had 10 years of highly paid Lon Kruger, moderate success, and still haven't been in the football championship game, lets try paying less for a coach this time.
            In other words, "at least we're not UT!"

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
              Par Forde in the recent Sports Illustrated article skewers KU and Self.
              Even rational KU fans have got to be thinking WTHeck.
              it’s a move to counter the recent recruiting challenges due to the NCAA violations cloud hanging over the BB program. Perhaps even a desperate move which could very well show how idiotic it is if KU gets hammered by the NCAA anyway as some predict.

I’ve never cared for Self. I think KU could have done better. Now they’re stuck with the guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                This could be good as far as getting a series going with OU again. Sucks for Loyola though.
                Maybe good or maybe he tied to schedule us after we left the Valley and we refused. In that case it might be payback time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Maybe good or maybe he tied to schedule us after we left the Valley and we refused. In that case it might be payback time.
                  Good point, didn’t think of it that way. Hopefully if that’s the case he won’t hold it against HCIB.
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                    Par Forde in the recent Sports Illustrated article skewers KU and Self.
                    Even rational KU fans have got to be thinking WTHeck.
                    it’s a move to counter the recent recruiting challenges due to the NCAA violations cloud hanging over the BB program. Perhaps even a desperate move which could very well show how idiotic it is if KU gets hammered by the NCAA anyway as some predict.

I’ve never cared for Self. I think KU could have done better. Now they’re stuck with the guy.
                    I take this as a sign that the penalties are coming soon. And the attorneys have inside info that they are going to be severe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

I take this as a sign that the penalties are coming soon. And the attorneys have inside info that they are going to be severe.
                      But why would they get rid of a way out. This is literally a F you to the NCAA. I think it's obvious that KU thinks the NCAA can't survive without them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

But why would they get rid of a way out. This is literally a F you to the NCAA. I think it's obvious that KU thinks the NCAA can't survive without them.
                        They've basically said that to the NCAA since the start. Too late now to turn it around. Besides, we don't know what each party (Self and KU) has on the other that hasn't been disclosed. Kinda risky to go throwing each other under the bus.

Comment

• Does anyone think KU was gonna fire Self? I don't. I think Self did everything with the blessing of everyone at KU that had any influence. Even if they get probation..... IF.... They will just serve it and get back to normal, with Self.

Why wouldn't they? They ain't gonna get anyone better. KU is tetering on obscurity, especially if the Big 12 dissolves in a couple years. Football drives the bus, and theirs is barely above WSU's, and even that could be debated!! LOL.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                            Punching a player and choking a coach aren’t “nothing wrong but being a hard@ss”.
                            All unproven, had it been a real issue it would have been addressed five years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post

All unproven, had it been a real issue it would have been addressed five years ago.
                              Shock-it-to-me is just saying, he’d rather GM cheated like Self did. Better to pay the players than get frustrated with a player who plays several * (stars) below his potential.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post

IMO...the reason Marshall is continuing to get a check is that it WASN’T addressed 5 years ago when it should have been.

Comment

Working...
                                X