2021 Non-WSU NCAA Tournament Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

The big difference here is those dawgs know how to chew on the bone.
    also helps when you have a roster full of seniors

Comment

• Huston is going to need to shot a little better. But I don't know who can beat Gonzaga.

Comment

• Baylor and Gonzaga were destined to meet in the final since the beginning. Houston has its hands full.

Comment

• Gonzaga hasn't seen a team like Baylor yet. I think that would be an incredible game. Gonzaga won't roll over them like every other game.

Comment

• Baylor Houston should be a good game. I've watched Baylor a few times this year. They can be real streaky shooting the ball. If Houston can run their offense against Baylor's defense they can win the game. I'd love to see them in the final and hear our conference mentioned a dozen times.
            I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Love Kelvin Sampson. His post game interview after Oregon State game was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!! A real man and a real coach. . Hoping they can win it all. I also have not forgot the great things he said about our Coach IB this year. Go Coogs, Go Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                Love Kelvin Sampson. His post game interview after Oregon State game was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!! A real man and a real coach. . Hoping they can win it all. I also have not forgot the great things he said about our Coach IB this year. Go Coogs, Go Shocks.
                Can you provide some highlights?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Had no idea Kevin Sampson had a son named Kellen that coaches underneath him. What are the odds?
                  He will inherit the Houston Head Coaching Position so it's called a Coach in Waiting.

Comment

• "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

Can you provide some highlights?
                      I am sorry. I don't have those kind of skills to produce the video. But I really liked when he said that he had turned away some highly ranked great players in recruiting because they did not fit their culture. He wants high character kids willing to work and be coached. And Judge Heathcote was one of his mentors and he said he was no Heathcote and that you have to be your self, not your mentor. He also gave credit to his father that was a high school coach. Great interview. I left out alot.

Comment

I am sorry. I don't have those kind of skills to produce the video. But I really liked when he said that he had turned away some highly ranked great players in recruiting because they did not fit their culture. He wants high character kids willing to work and be coached. And Judge Heathcote was one of his mentors and he said he was no Heathcote and that you have to be your self, not your mentor. He also gave credit to his father that was a high school coach. Great interview. I left out alot.
                        Seeing some of the antics pulled by Houston players over the last few years makes me feel like that's a hollow statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Seeing some of the antics pulled by Houston players over the last few years makes me feel like that's a hollow statement.
                          LMAO. Have you ever made a mistake in your life? Players make them and so do Coaches. No man is perfect.

Comment

LMAO. Have you ever made a mistake in your life? Players make them and so do Coaches. No man is perfect.
                            If you are asking if I've ever bitten another guy .. then no ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

If you are asking if I've ever bitten another guy .. then no ...
                              Yeap DJ made a dumb mistake for that incident. He is still the AAC Defensive player of the year. He still led his team AAC Tournament Championship. He still showed courage playing through an injury in the NCAA tournament and leading his team to the Final Four. He also won the MVP for the South Regional. And because Houston is in the Final Four WSU gets a larger payout of cash like all other teams in the AAC.

Yeap I would say DJ has more than made up for his dumb mistake.

Comment

Yeap DJ made a dumb mistake for that incident. He is still the AAC Defensive player of the year. He still led his team AAC Tournament Championship. He still showed courage playing through an injury in the NCAA tournament and leading his team to the Final Four. He also won the MVP for the South Regional. And because Houston is in the Final Four WSU gets a larger payout of cash like all other teams in the AAC.

Yeap I would say DJ has more than made up for his dumb mistake.
                                Eh ... biting someone isn't a "mistake" as that's not something you would ever do in any circumstance ... let alone on the basketball court. Character issue and being good at basketball doesn't cancel out character issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X