2021 Non-WSU NCAA Tournament Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I will say, I'd rather listen to Bill Walton who is genuinely excited about college basketball than Jay Bilas who is most concerned with sounding smart and crapping on the NCAA.
    We're in the minority but I agree with you. I actually like and enjoy Big Bill. I've met him as well and he is a very generous, kind, and caring person. Not that that has anything to do with him announcing games.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

It's a tie with Vitale...everyone else is playing for third...at least Walton could play....
      I don't know: Dan Dakich is right up there too.
      "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• I'll go with Raftery.

Comment

I will say, I'd rather listen to Bill Walton who is genuinely excited about college basketball than Jay Bilas who is most concerned with sounding smart and crapping on the NCAA.
          When you put it that way, I agree.
          The Assman

Comment

100%. Can’t stand Bilas. And I enjoy Walton for his passion for and knowledge of basketball, off the wall facts, and humor. I do wish he would cut down on the “conference of champions” mentions.

Comment

• jay bilas turns my stomach.

in a similar vein, those two guys that do the morning sports show at 6:00 am on 1410 were yucking it up last friday morning after wsu lost, playing drake (the rapper) all morning. just as giddy as could be. here's one for you, guys: usc-85 ku-51 who's laughing now?

Comment

• Some one should call in and play this on full bast in the background:

The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                  jay bilas turns my stomach.

in a similar vein, those two guys that do the morning sports show at 6:00 am on 1410 were yucking it up last friday morning after wsu lost, playing drake (the rapper) all morning. just as giddy as could be. here's one for you, guys: usc-85 ku-51 who's laughing now?
                  1410 KGSO still exists and they still have a show helmed by a couple KU turds? I guess nothing changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Awesome.

You just gave me a good idea; heading over to phognet to enjoy the last smoking embers of the train-wreck that occured last night, before that mess is cleaned up.

And I was referring to the fans who's attitude is "man, isn't it good for the state when all of the b-ball teams are good?" Yeah, right...

Just got back from taking a quick glance at phognet. Man that is going to be some good reading when I have some downtime later Today (before they go offline).

It probably is good for the state when all the teams are good...sounds better than two fairly good teams and one mediocre if not bad team. What was it... '81? when all three schools made it to the Sweet 16. That got our flyover state a bit of recognition.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

1410 KGSO still exists and they still have a show helmed by a couple KU turds? I guess nothing changes.
                      Actually the younger guy is a big K-State shill.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

k state/big 12 shill.

that was pretty blatant kicking of wsu last friday morning. i won't listen to them anymore or very, very rarely. i only listened to them very, very rarely anyway, so i didn't even know they were that type.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post

k state/big 12 shill.

that was pretty blatant kicking of wsu last friday morning. i won't listen to them anymore or very, very rarely. i only listened to them very, very rarely anyway, so i didn't even know they were that type.
                          Are they local? I didn’t realize there was a show...

Comment

• Announcer thoughts:
                            i'm ok with Bilis... he IS full of himself
                            Walton IS energetic, so there’s that
                            no hating on Raftery... love him
                            LOVE Kevin Harlan and Dan Schulman
                            Last edited by molly jabali; March 24, 2021, 07:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

It probably is good for the state when all the teams are good...sounds better than two fairly good teams and one mediocre if not bad team. What was it... '81? when all three schools made it to the Sweet 16. That got our flyover state a bit of recognition.
                              Excellent reply.

WSU was the best team in the State that year too. It's too bad they didn't play more over the ensuing time span. Even k-state went home and home on a few occasions.

After watching ku the other night I'm not so sure WSU wasn't the best team again this year. No?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Gotta be rough these days to be a K-Stater, pondering if you might like the MWC or AAC more when the next big realignment occurs. Only downhill for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X