2021 Non-WSU NCAA Tournament Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

Probably why Washington and The Process didn't quite win 25 games.
    I've been waiting for ole 76'er to spew that excuse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

Sweet 16 Men only.

Pac12 4of5 80%
      ACC 2of7 28%
      SEC 2of6 33%
      Big East 2of4 50%
      Big10 1of9 11%
      Big12 1of7 14%
      MVC 1of2 50%
      WCC 1of2 50%
      AAC 1of2 50%
      Summit 1of1 100%
      MWC 0for2 0%
      A-10 0for2 0%

I added the MWC and A10 since they had multiple bids. The Big 10 and Big 12 were pitiful.
      Interesting (to me anyway) how the P5 + BE schools that got the most bids (B10,B12,ACC,SEC) compared to the ones (P12,BE) in success.

Highest 4 in bids had 29 bids with 6 in the S16 while the Lowest 2 in bids had 9 bids and 6 in the S16. Seems like a lot of fluff in those highest 4.

Comment

• I’m just here to state that watching the team up north get slaughtered by a lower seed every year never gets old.

Comment

• LUC shooting like garbage. Defensive struggle

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
            LUC shooting like garbage. Defensive struggle
            Yeah it kinda sucks CBS gave them the early game. In all my years watching a team I hope wins play an early game...it always seems to go against them. Honestly don't know if there is any truth to "gaming" the games for a desired CBS outcome in the name of ultimate viewership for the Final Four...but it sure seems like it. Oh and look they they gave Syracuse the "primetime" late game for TV viewership in New York. Go Orange...NOT!!!!
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Loyola is tbe better team. Difference is Oregon St has made tough shots and Loyola has missed wide open ones.

Comment

• If Houston makes the final four, I sure hope all the Houston fans that were screaming there needs to be an asterisk next to our AAC title do the same for their final four. Their path to the final four features no single digit seeds. 15, 10, 11, 12

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

Yeah it kinda sucks CBS gave them the early game. In all my years watching a team I hope wins play an early game...it always seems to go against them. Honestly don't know if there is any truth to "gaming" the games for a desired CBS outcome in the name of ultimate viewership for the Final Four...but it sure seems like it. Oh and look they they gave Syracuse the "primetime" late game for TV viewership in New York. Go Orange...NOT!!!!
                  You do realize they gave Oregon State the early game as well, right? Or do you really think they want Oregon State to make the Final Four because of their massive national following?
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

You do realize they gave Oregon State the early game as well, right? Or do you really think they want Oregon State to make the Final Four because of their massive national following?
                    They don't want either team (Loyola or OSU). Note tomorrow's games have both LA big market schools NOT in the early game. But they have the small Spokane market with #1 seed and #1 overall team in the nation in the early game. It's definitely not designed for getting the most viewers. ;)
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

They don't want either team (Loyola or OSU). Note tomorrow's games have both LA big market schools NOT in the early game. But they have the small Spokane market with #1 seed and #1 overall team in the nation in the early game. It's definitely not designed for getting the most viewers. ;)
                      Yeah, of course they do. When deciding television times, you’d be stupid not to. But they don’t do it to try to influence the outcome of said games. Both teams playing have to play early, not just [said team I am cheering for].
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        If Houston makes the final four, I sure hope all the Houston fans that were screaming there needs to be an asterisk next to our AAC title do the same for their final four. Their path to the final four features no single digit seeds. 15, 10, 11, 12
                        Were there no "single digit seeds" on that particular side of the bracket?
                        If that team winds up making the Final Four, would they have made it on a technicality?

Comment

• If anyone not named Obanor or Abmus shoot the ball for ORU, then they damn well better make it. Six trips in a row with neither of them getting a shot.

Comment

• Arkansas getting away with a lot of reach-ins.

Comment

• Arkansas reminds me of Houston. But damn, they get away with a lot of pushes in the back.

Comment

• Well Oral Bob almost pulled it off but they look spent. Look so slow trying to grab a rebound.

Comment

Working...
                                X