2021 Non-WSU NCAA Tournament Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
    I was glad to see Texas Tech lose. Their coach is way overrated. But the Arkansas coach is nothing but classless trash. Saw him get kicked out of a game this year and his behavior of jumping up on the table is not what a coach with any class does. Pure garbage.
    A coach was celebrating? GARBAGE!

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Houston isn’t a great shooting team so that works against them facing the Syracuse zone defense. However, they are the best offensive rebounding team in the country. Syracuse is going to have to have a tough time keeping them off the boards.

Jarreau gets a few days to heal up. Houston is the better team and I think they’ll end the Cinderella run by the Orange.
      They won't keep em off the glass obviously. But they're not going to counter houston with a couple of 6'5" 200 lb. power forwards on the front line either.

'Cuse's bigs can shoot, and they've encountered front lines equivalent to houston's, and then some, while playing ACC teams, twice a week, every week.

I'm puttin' my money on Boeheim in the month of March. I'll win more than I lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

They won't keep em off the glass obviously. But they're not going to counter houston with a couple of 6'5" 200 lb. power forwards on the front line either.

'Cuse's bigs can shoot, and they've encountered front lines equivalent to houston's, and then some, while playing ACC teams, twice a week, every week.

I'm puttin' my money on Boeheim in the month of March. I'll win more than I lose.
        I hadn't paid attention to Syracuse at all this year and with that 9 seed, I figured Boeheim was dwindling down to retirement, using a wheelchair and a walker. Man, was I wrong! They look strong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fairgame View Post

Oh, it is explainable. I won't bore you with my theory...unless you ask.
          Okay; let's hear it...

Comment

• OK. This is the women's NCAA but unbelievable call.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
              OK. This is the women's NCAA but unbelievable call.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...?ocid=msedgdhp
              Thats .... impressive. It's one thing to make a no call on an obvious foul ... but to call a travel when the player never had possession?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                OK. This is the women's NCAA but unbelievable call.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...?ocid=msedgdhp
                Ouch.

Though I once had a game where one of my partners called a travel on a kid that was dribbling the entire time because he went to the floor, but continued dribbling. That game was also a huge blowout but wasn't in the NCAA tournament and was instead a 2A game down in Oxford I think it was. I was standing right in front of the coach and when he asked, I simply told him he's right and that was a bad call and if this game were close I'd overrule him. He smiled and nodded and was fine.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Better let Houston know they should go ahead and forfeit since there’s no way they can beat the almighty Syracuse, 8th place finisher in the AAC conference who has two teams remaining in the tournament.

Comment

• I would love to see an analysis of Dana Altman’s Creighton teams systems vs his Oregon teams. He certainly was able to adapt his system to the big time. Ducks look so good this year.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Oregon is beating on Iowa. Another big 10 team about to pack for home. “Best” conference not looking very good.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post
                        Oregon is beating on Iowa. Another big 10 team about to pack for home. “Best” conference not looking very good.
                        This will be the 9th team into the Sweet 16 ... zero from the Big 10 ... with only Michigan and Maryland left to make it through...

Comment

• I feel a little sorry for Iowa right now. It's not like they aren't playing hard, but they are being out athleted and Oregon is just torching them on both ends of the court. If the pace stays like this the Ducks are going to drop 110-120 on the Hawkeyes. ZERO adjustments from Fran who just got an extension for the hard work of LG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

This will be the 9th team into the Sweet 16 ... zero from the Big 10 ... with only Michigan and Maryland left to make it through...
                            Many with very high seeds!

Comment

• Iowa can’t keep up in transition.

When they can’t hit shots either; Katie, bar the door.
                              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post
                                Oregon is beating on Iowa. Another big 10 team about to pack for home. “Best” conference not looking very good.
                                The bad news,

We’ll have to hear all next season from Bill Walton how yippee-ki-amazing the PAC 12 is.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X