2021 Non-WSU NCAA Tournament Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude! What.a.game!!! Unbelievable.

I wonder if anyone will question why Few didn’t call a timeout at the end with 3.3 to go?

This has been such a great tournament!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      Not a good look for the league. Them getting blown out along with playing the easiest path to the final four ever (no single digit seeds), really is gonna hurt.
      Not a good look when the conference has a team in the Final Four?

Uh no.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Excellent game. Cronin is a hell of a coach to get UCLA that close. What a shot by Suggs.

Now we get the game everyone has wanted to see.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Raftery is a treasure to me, but I realize his ‘ puppies’, onions’ , ‘Timmes!’ And “ send it in, Jerome are not for everyone!

Comment

• UCLA vs Zags, does anyone else think it was a block, not a charge at the end of regulation? The Zags player established position, arms raised, then clearly lowered his right arm to help absorb contact.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
              UCLA vs Zags, does anyone else think it was a block, not a charge at the end of regulation? The Zags player established position, arms raised, then clearly lowered his right arm to help absorb contact.
              I’d call it a “charge” 100/100 times... when you ‘bull rush’, you get the horns.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
                UCLA vs Zags, does anyone else think it was a block, not a charge at the end of regulation? The Zags player established position, arms raised, then clearly lowered his right arm to help absorb contact.
                That is what my son thought. I am surprised that they called a foul.

Comment

• Shockerfever, you are right about how Houston and by extension the conference doesn’t look good after last night. The conference and all the teams in the conference need to get better in order to really compete against good Power 5 conference teams.

Hopefully, at least WSU’s coaching staff watched and learned from last night.

Baylor found a way to beat Houston.

Now the American Conference needs to get better.

Comment

• You can only play the teams in front of you. That’s what Houston did.

You think Oregon State was a chump team for making it to the Elite Eight?

Baylor has been one of the clear two best teams all season. A lot of teams would have looked silly against them.
                    The Assman

Comment

• Yep, Baylor and Gonzaga have been head and shoulders the best teams this year. No surprise they both made it. UCLA was a unicorn. Expect them to be really good going forward now they they’ve been to the final 4 and have a good coach.

Comment

• The league should be embarrassed because it had a team make the final four?

Give me a break.

I suppose the Big 12 is still mortified after what happened to KU and OU in 2018 and 2016.

The Big 10 will never live down the shame that Michigan State brought upon them in 2015.

It’s one game. Stop being a prisoner of the moment. Twitter replies are not reality. In no way is Houston making the F4, even losing the way they did, a bad look or an embarrassment for the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                          The league should be embarrassed because it had a team make the final four?

Give me a break.

I suppose the Big 12 is still mortified after what happened to KU and OU in 2018 and 2016.

The Big 10 will never live down the shame that Michigan State brought upon them in 2015.

It’s one game. Stop being a prisoner of the moment. Twitter replies are not reality. In no way is Houston making the F4, even losing the way they did, a bad look or an embarrassment for the league.
                          To his point, WSU brought so much shame to the MVC that they left the conference.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
                            Shockerfever, you are right about how Houston and by extension the conference doesn’t look good after last night. The conference and all the teams in the conference need to get better in order to really compete against good Power 5 conference teams.

Negative, this is a really bad take. There are 350 teams or so in division 1 and Houston was one of the last four standing. Only two "power conferences" have a team that made it that far.

The American conference was down this year overall and Houston was a huge bright spot.

​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
                              Shockerfever, you are right about how Houston and by extension the conference doesn’t look good after last night. The conference and all the teams in the conference need to get better in order to really compete against good Power 5 conference teams.

I did not read that from Fever’s comment but I do not see how making it to the final 4 makes the conference look bad even losing by 19. I didn’t see anyone talking about the Big 12 looking bad when KU got absolutely demolished be Villanova. The teams need to get better somewhat but the power 5 is not out of our league and AAC teams are competitive. Did the Big 10 team win last night?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                                You can only play the teams in front of you. That’s what Houston did.

You think Oregon State was a chump team for making it to the Elite Eight?

Baylor has been one of the clear two best teams all season. A lot of teams would have looked silly against them.
                                Thank you... that is exactly right.... they played who they had to play and beat them... NOBODY including maybe the Zags was beating up Baylor.....

we have a few here who look for ways to find the negative

Comment

Working...
                                X