If you want to get mad...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
    At this very moment, there is NO such thing as a Lock for Wichita State or the MVC. Don't win the conference and loose three games to CU, might very well put us at the complete mercy of the selection committee. And we have seen how that has panned out in past years.

Let's just win tomorrow night and take all the guess work out of it.
    If we would end up losing 2 more to CU, that would put WSU at 1-5 against the top 50. That's grounds for playing in the NIT. I'm not saying it would happen, but that's enough of an excuse for the committee to select another team - if the committee is looking for an excuse to go with another team.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
      At this very moment, there is NO such thing as a Lock for Wichita State or the MVC. Don't win the conference and loose three games to CU, might very well put us at the complete mercy of the selection committee. And we have seen how that has panned out in past years.

Let's just win tomorrow night and take all the guess work out of it.
      Wha.. ? MVC, multiple bid. FACT. Shox first or second, at worst.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
        Wha.. ? MVC, multiple bid. FACT. Shox first or second, at worst.
        It's a fact as of today. Might not be so clear in a few weeks if teams decide to stop playing well.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          If we would end up losing 2 more to CU, that would put WSU at 1-5 against the top 50. That's grounds for playing in the NIT. I'm not saying it would happen, but that's enough of an excuse for the committee to select another team - if the committee is looking for an excuse to go with another team.
          So does that mean PAC 12 leader Cal (rpi 48) with 0 top 50 (0-3) wins and absolutely no chance of getting a top 50 win is destined to play in the CBI if they don't win the PAC 12 tourney?:encouragement:

Actually I am joking, but I know exactly what you mean. In spite of our rpi of 20 (including #26 in non-con SOS) and a great 19 point win over a top 10 rpi team, and a good chance of tying for the regular season championship of the #8 (or possibly even #7) ranked conference, our stellar road record, if we give the committee any excuse to leave us out they might take it.

We have certainly seen it before. I hope we win on Saturday (it will be very dificult) and don't leave it to chance.
          Last edited by shox1989; February 10, 2012, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            If we lose only two more to Creighton, that would mean we are co-champs of the Valley and are playing for the Valley Tournament Championship. If we win all other games, I don't see this keeping us out of the Dance. Sometimes, negativity takes over common sense.

Comment

Just my .02, but as an aspiring college basketball analyst myself, Andy Katz does great work. I agree with the above posts; maybe he should have said "... to *further* impress the Selection Committee on Selection Sunday." Still, there are always going to be fans that take anything other than praise as bashing.

And for those that don't realize it, Katz is the Senior College Basketball Editor (in other words, he is THE guy) for the Worldwide Leader in Sports. The man is always busy. He may have the single busiest day out of all ESPN employees on his hands every year-- the College Hoops Tip-Off, when he stays up 24 hours straight, doing nothing but watching every game from tip to final buzzer while keeping tabs on non-television games. Do I always agree with him? No. Is he always right? No one ever is. The only time I can ever recall him blatantly bashing Wichita State was before the 08 Old Spice Classic in Orlando when he said, "the only shocker about this tournament will be if Wichita State doesn't go 0-3." Even then, after the Shox beat Sienna, Katz interviewed Marshall immediately after hands were shaken and his first comment was, "well, coach. I was wrong." He took his humble pie, apologized, smiled at coach and congratulated him.

Katz is a guy I look up to and maybe someday I can even audition for his job. You don't have to like him, all I'm saying is you gotta respect the guy.

Comment

You can sometimes get the analysts to engage in conversation in the comment section. That said, regardless if you are going to argue with them, it would look better on the fan base if you don't start with "You're an idiot."

Just my opinion of course, and it's your keyboard, but that was sorta embarassing.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                X