Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you want to get mad...

Watch this: http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...-weekend-watch

I don't think Andy Katz will ever redeem himself in my book after the things he's said this season. He is just flat out not good at his job. He's the next Dick Vitale.

Originally posted by skywalker30 View Post
    Watch this: http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...-weekend-watch

I don't think Andy Katz will ever redeem himself in my book after the things he's said this season. He is just flat out not good at his job. He's the next Dick Vitale.
    I've stopped caring about what the ESPN analysts say, outside of Jay Bilas. He's the only one that seems to actually know what he's talking about anymore. Katz is too busy playing hoops with Obama and helping him fill out his bracket to watch games anymore.

Comment

I dont think he's talking about getting into the tournament, but rather impressing the selection committee for seeding purposes. Just the way it came across to me. Go Shox!

Comment

Well, he probably doesn't know about WSU pasted UNI by 25 last Wednesday (that after UNI beat Creighton in their previous game.. and yes, WSU already won at UNI).

Comment

I hope that he was talking about seeding! Thanks for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by AG1219 View Post
            I dont think he's talking about getting into the tournament, but rather impressing the selection committee for seeding purposes. Just the way it came across to me. Go Shox!
            That's the way I took it as well.

Comment

You may not like it, but he's right. WSU is 1-3 against the top 50. That number gets better if UNI can win some games and get back into the top 50, but that 1-3 against the top 50 will not impress the Selection Committee.

UNI's rpi is 55. Their remaining schedule and the opponent's rpi is:

vs. IlSU - 113
              @ UE - 152
              @ VCU - 90
              vs. BU - 221
              @ SIU 232

I don't like UNI's chances of getting back into the top 50, so WSU needs the W in Omaha to impress the committee.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                You may not like it, but he's right. WSU is 1-3 against the top 50. That number gets better if UNI can win some games and get back into the top 50, but that 1-3 against the top 50 will not impress the Selection Committee.

UNI's rpi is 55. Their remaining schedule and the opponent's rpi is:

vs. IlSU - 113
                @ UE - 152
                @ VCU - 90
                vs. BU - 221
                @ SIU 232

I don't like UNI's chances of getting back into the top 50, so WSU needs the W in Omaha to impress the committee.
                Impress how? So we can get a 5 - 7 seed? We're a lock for the tournament at this point, so I'm not concerned about that.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                  Impress how? So we can get a 5 - 7 seed?
                  YES. EXACTLY.

Are you being sarcastic???
                  “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                  -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                    Impress how? So we can get a 5 - 7 seed? We're a lock for the tournament at this point, so I'm not concerned about that.
                    Shox are a lock, even at large. But, in a way, I do hope they stay under the radar.. then when some team comes in looking to make a name for themselves against the semi-respected Shox, and everybody knows who they are (except KU homer Lutz and Heartl too), they will be thrown off completely by WSU's great coaching/schemes, offensive and defensive.

Comment

What's the problem? He doesn't say anything that is not over the top. The Shox are 1 - 3 against the RPI Top 50. I agree with him, we need an impressive road win to solidify ourselves an at-large spot. A win on the road against CU, struggling or not, would be very, very impressive.

So you feel 1 lonely Top 50 (at home) win is the tie-breaker, or trump card that seals the deal? When was the last time this team beat a ranked opponent on the road? Carpe Diem Shox, no better time to shut everyone's mouth than tomorrow so they can focus on the next 'bubble team'

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                        What's the problem? He doesn't say anything that is not over the top. The Shox are 1 - 3 against the RPI Top 50. I agree with him, we need an impressive road win to solidify ourselves an at-large spot. A win on the road against CU, struggling or not, would be very, very impressive.

So you feel 1 lonely Top 50 (at home) win is the tie-breaker, or trump card that seals the deal? When was the last time this team beat a ranked opponent on the road? Carpe Diem Shox, no better time to shut everyone's mouth than tomorrow so they can focus on the next 'bubble team'
                        +1
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post

Shox are a lock. MVC mulitple bid (maybe, just maybe, even three) is a lock.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                            Shox are a lock. MVC mulitple bid (maybe, just maybe, even three) is a lock.
                            At this very moment, there is NO such thing as a Lock for Wichita State or the MVC. Don't win the conference and loose three games to CU, might very well put us at the complete mercy of the selection committee. And we have seen how that has panned out in past years.

Let's just win tomorrow night and take all the guess work out of it.
                            Last edited by 60Shock; February 10, 2012, 07:02 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Whatever.

Comment

Working...
                              X