Creighton tidbits . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pogo View Post
    When did cox low def #22 start televising the home and away games?
    They're contracted to show a certain number of games. When Fox and ESPN pick up enough, that forces Crap22 to show more home games.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      Here is a good preview of the game from the CU side:

http://whiteandbluereview.com/?p=16727
      From that article: "The Bottom Line: I really, truly believe Creighton will get back to the way they shot the ball before the road trip, and Stutz will save his best game against Creighton for last (at least, until the likely meeting in St. Louis next month). Therefore, this will be a close game decided late. Then again, it always seems to be that way between these two teams, doesn’t it? Creighton 72, Wichita State 71."

But it's not a rivalry.
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

It's going to take another UNLV and recent UNI performance to beat CU at their place. The Shox better be prepared for the defense that CU will throw against them. The article is right, most MVC teams don't have anyone that matches up well against GS. CU does. We'll see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
          This is definitely an economic issue more than support for the shocks issue.

Yuuuup!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

When did cox low def #22 start televising the home and away games?
            I really think this is a key factor - where I work, they know I have season tickets and there are a lot of fans there who don't.
            When we discuss a game and I ask if they are going, the answer is almost always "Nah, I'll watch it on tV."
            I don't know the terms, but maybe WSU gets more revenue from the TV rights than the empty seats would add up to - if so, that is a good thing (independent of our collective dismay at empty seats). If there is no license or royalties, don't know why we would telecast home games - certainly not to show off Cox 22's state of the art production capabilities. The best situation would be to have both - royalties and a full house.

From across the room I can narrow it down to either a demolition derby or a basketball game.

(I can't believe I agreed with Pogo in my out loud typing . . .)
            If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              Here is a good preview of the game from the CU side:

http://whiteandbluereview.com/?p=16727
              That is a good read; thanks for posting it. This comment scares me; "Since 2002-03, all 26 times the Bluejays beat a Valley rival on the road before hosting the same team, Creighton has completed the sweep with a home victory"

Also, the comments about Stutz and how he was kept in check by Echenique. Do you think coach will have some kind of plan that lessens the impact of Echenique on Stutz's game, or will he just have them go at it and hope that the first game was an anomaly for GS?

Comment

I don't think the entirety of Creighton University will be able to summon as much heaven-sent power as Garrett will for that game. After all, if God wasn't a Shocker, why is wheat gold?

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar48 View Post
                  That is a good read; thanks for posting it. This comment scares me; "Since 2002-03, all 26 times the Bluejays beat a Valley rival on the road before hosting the same team, Creighton has completed the sweep with a home victory"

Also, the comments about Stutz and how he was kept in check by Echenique. Do you think coach will have some kind of plan that lessens the impact of Echenique on Stutz's game, or will he just have them go at it and hope that the first game was an anomaly for GS?
                  I think the key is for Stutz to stay out of foul trouble. In the first CU game, he scored the first couple of baskets of the game, but then picked up 2 quick fouls and he wasn't much of a factor after that.

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO View Post
                    I don't think the entirety of Creighton University will be able to summon as much heaven-sent power as Garrett will for that game. After all, if God wasn't a Shocker, why is wheat gold?
                    Maybe our fans could hand out free condoms right before the game to ruffle their feathers a bit?
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

It's not just the first game this season. 3 games against GE for Stutz.....8 points 4 boards.

That's not the average....that's the aggregate.

We have our strengths, they have theirs. It's at their barn. We owe them more than just a little. Which ever team performs, will win, end of story. I just hope we give our A game, then I'll be happy with whatever the result may be.

Comment

If we bring our "A" game we win.

WSU best game > Creighton's best game

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          It's not just the first game this season. 3 games against GE for Stutz.....8 points 4 boards.

That's not the average....that's the aggregate.

We have our strengths, they have theirs. It's at their barn. We owe them more than just a little. Which ever team performs, will win, end of story. I just hope we give our A game, then I'll be happy with whatever the result may be.
                          Ouchie.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            Maybe our fans could hand out free condoms right before the game to ruffle their feathers a bit?
                            They don't need condoms...their personalities/attitudes are their birth control.

Comment

They don't need condoms...their personalities/attitudes are their birth control.
                              Muhahaha

Comment

Working...
                              X