Wichita State vs. USF Game Thread 3-12-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Collins was so out of control it was likely the correct call whether he saw the lean or not.
    Definitely a text book charge. He was planted there for 3 days. Regardless of a "slight lean". Which you don't have to be completely still anymore. Just have to have legal guarding position....etc.

Plus, Collins was hooking the whole damn game and never got called. So he deserved it LMAO
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
      I think some folks don't like Dakich because he comes across as opinionated and full of himself. To me, though, most of the time his analysis is spot on.
      I gotta admit he was more tolerable today. Usually, he's hyper critical of anything and everything which just gets tiresome. Then he usually spends a chunk of the broadcast talking about his career. But he was better today. Didn't find myself super annoyed with him. And you're right, I agreed with most if not all of his analysis of today's game.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
        Pretty much everyone but Trey Wade had their moments and contributed to the win today. USF shot out of their minds and we still won.

Mo could have easily had 20 and another double double but of course the 1-2 same idiots expect perfection.
        Idiots on this board???? Surely you jest!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
          I would like to see Tyson be a little more selective on some of those shots, he can get those pretty much anytime. Early in the shot clock is alitttle much and to me it’s like a turnover. But I wouldn’t trade him for anyone, just don’t like the fadeaway off balance 25 footers
          TE will need to practice on those type of shots over the summer so he'll have them in his repertoire for next season. I'm pretty sure he doesn't currently work on fadeaway off balance 25 footers in practice.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

TE will need to practice on those type of shots over the summer so he'll have them in his repertoire for next season. I'm pretty sure he doesn't currently work on fadeaway off balance 25 footers in practice.
            I know who shouldn't help him with that, because he still won't make them.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I think he is a tool for the selection committee. They leak things to him to make him look good by "successfully" guessing who the selection committee and they help build the public narrative of what to expect from them.
              What? Wtf would they do that? Unless I've missed something the tourney is broadcast primarily by CBS. ESPN has no part in the NCAAt broadcast.

You think committee has nothing else to do besides call-up ole Joe and offer to make him look brilliant - and for no reason other than making him look brilliant?

Comment

• First 5:30 of the 1st half: USF 17 - WSU 5
                Middle 10 min - 1st half USF 10 - WSU 27
                Last 4:30 of the 1st half: USF 14 - WSU 0

First 5:00 of the 2nd half: USF 12 - WSU 9
                Middle 10 min - 1st half: USF 12 - WSU 23
                Last 5:00 of the 2nd half: USF 2 - WSU 4..

First and Last 5 minutes of each half: USF 45 - WSU 18 (WSU -27)
                Middle 10 minutes of each half: USF 22 - WSU 50 (WSU +28)

So USF played very well for 15 minutes, WSU played well for 20 minutes and the last 5 minutes were pretty much both teams letting the other team have it if they want it. Neither team really stepped up to capitalize on the opportunity.

I hope the HCIB and his staff point out that the Shocks play best when they share ball, move the ball, move their bodies and rely on each other. In other words Team basketball good. Hero basketball not so good.

Survive and advance is definitely what this game was. A consistent effort throughout it was not by either team.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 13, 2021, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X