Director of Basketball Operations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Director of Basketball Operations

What do these guys get paid to do? Do they really get paid to set up hotel accomidations and plane seating assignments, or do they get paid to deliver players?

Re: Director of Basketball Operations

Originally posted by mulligan
    What do these guys get paid to do? Do they really get paid to set up hotel accomidations and plane seating assignments, or do they get paid to deliver players?
    the latter. ITS ALL ABOUT RECRUITING BABY. ONCE MARSHALL IS DONE WITH HIM, he will hire a new DOBO. Thats the business of college sports.
    ________
    Motorcycle Tires
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

I doubt the same answer applies to everyone in the position.
      Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Re: Director of Basketball Operations

These guys do alot of what the 4th coach used to do. DOBO takes care of scheduling meetings and practices, hotels, video tapes, and lots of other things. The coaches all can concentrate on recruiting and getting ready for games instead of that other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by wsu789
          I doubt the same answer applies to everyone in the position.
          i know I can arrange hotel accommodations and assign seating on planes. NOW RECRUITING, I will leave that to the big boys.
          ________
          OREGON MARIJUANA DISPENSARY
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

We want to act like a big time program but these guys have yet to deliver. The guy from Australia with Turgeon did not deliver. And now with Marshall, our Director has yet to deliver. I guess we can blame the players all we want but it is now time to start putting some of the blame on the coaches who are getting paid. I'm tired of these people cashing pay checks and not delivering. You read all the major web-sites about the Australian and Nigerian connection but our program has yet to reap any benefits. By the way, if i can get paid what they are paid to make sure the Mac and Cheese is hot at the Holiday Inn in Carbondale, I'm in the wrong profession.

Comment

And now with Marshall, our Director has yet to deliver.
              Isn't it a little quick to jump on Marshall when you don't even have a chance to judge his first recruiting class?

Comment

We want to act like a big time program but these guys have yet to deliver. The guy from Australia with Turgeon did not deliver. And now with Marshall, our Director has yet to deliver. I guess we can blame the players all we want but it is now time to start putting some of the blame on the coaches who are getting paid. I'm tired of these people cashing pay checks and not delivering. You read all the major web-sites about the Australian and Nigerian connection but our program has yet to reap any benefits. By the way, if i can get paid what they are paid to make sure the Mac and Cheese is hot at the Holiday Inn in Carbondale, I'm in the wrong profession.
                I believe the Aussie was only here for a season. And Okon hasn't even been here that long. Once Ehimen gets out of Nigeria you can't say he hasn't delivered.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

The Aussie was here for a year and Okin has been here 8 months. To say these people have not delivered is an understatement. Going on 2 years is unacceptable. I don't care if you have had a staff change. If I delivered one aircraft every two years I would be fired. Look at it this way, If I were a Integrated Supply Chain Manager and my Logistics Supervisor told me we would not have a particular part for a year and 8 months I would be pissed and then he said well wait it will be here in October, and now November, wait December, and finally January. My LS would be looking for a new for employment elsewhere.

Comment

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

The Aussie was here for a year and Okin has been here 8 months. To say these people have not delivered is an understatement. Going on 2 years is unacceptable. I don't care if you have had a staff change. If I delivered one aircraft every two years I would be fired. Look at it this way, If I were a Integrated Supply Chain Manager and my Logistics Supervisor told me we would not have a particular part for a year and 8 months I would be pissed and then he said well wait it will be here in October, and now November, wait December, and finally January. My LS would be looking for a new for employment elsewhere.
                      That is an logically flawed argument. Just saying a change in staff doesn't matter doesn't make it true. Your argument would have to assume that the Aussie and Okon provided continuity. It didn't. Do you understand how recruiting works or do just make things up as you go?

Comment

If I were a Integrated Supply Chain Manager and my Logistics Supervisor told me we would not have a particular part for a year and 8 months I would be pissed and then he said well wait it will be here in October, and now November, wait December, and finally January. My LS would be looking for a new for employment elsewhere.
                        Your analogy breaks down because we know in real life that the aircraft companies in this town have lost all control of the supply change because they are outsourcing everything they can. That now allows management to blame somebody else. Their hands are clean.

2nd, all management has to do is show an "illusion of progress" and he/she will get their hefty bonus and promoted before anybody realizes that illusion.

Comment

Boeing sold off their production part because of the unions always striking.

Comment

I don't think they are paid very much. Can someone confirm?

Comment

Are you equating the procurement, manufacture and delivery of airplane parts to the recruitment and delivery of 18 year old, basketball players?

Just wondering.

Comment

Working...
                              X