No announcement yet.

Director of Basketball Operations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In addition to the numerous other problems pointed out with Mulligan's take, his entire argument is flawed because the job of a DOBO is not recruiting. I don't think they are even allowed to recruit, are they? In some cases, perhaps they provide avenues to players (i.e. the Nigerian connection to which mull is apparently referring) but I think to say that their job is bringing in players is completely wrong. Mulligan, if you are just a troll, consider yourself fed.
    Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

I know the DOBO can't recruit off campus.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Mantas is not playing up to expectations yet, but I'm guessing Okin had a lot to do with him coming to WSU. Okin was Mantas' assistant coach at Three Rivers.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
          Originally posted by mulligan
          We want to act like a big time program but these guys have yet to deliver. The guy from Australia with Turgeon did not deliver. And now with Marshall, our Director has yet to deliver. I guess we can blame the players all we want but it is now time to start putting some of the blame on the coaches who are getting paid. I'm tired of these people cashing pay checks and not delivering. You read all the major web-sites about the Australian and Nigerian connection but our program has yet to reap any benefits. By the way, if i can get paid what they are paid to make sure the Mac and Cheese is hot at the Holiday Inn in Carbondale, I'm in the wrong profession.
          I don't think they are paid very much. Can someone confirm?
          I think the DOBO and assistant coaches are in the $80,000-125,000 range.

Comment

The top 2 assistants might make that money but I'd be awfully surprised if DOBO makes anywhere close to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
              Originally posted by ABC
              Originally posted by mulligan
              We want to act like a big time program but these guys have yet to deliver. The guy from Australia with Turgeon did not deliver. And now with Marshall, our Director has yet to deliver. I guess we can blame the players all we want but it is now time to start putting some of the blame on the coaches who are getting paid. I'm tired of these people cashing pay checks and not delivering. You read all the major web-sites about the Australian and Nigerian connection but our program has yet to reap any benefits. By the way, if i can get paid what they are paid to make sure the Mac and Cheese is hot at the Holiday Inn in Carbondale, I'm in the wrong profession.
              I don't think they are paid very much. Can someone confirm?
              I think the DOBO and assistant coaches are in the $80,000-125,000 range.
              Only very recently has WSU ever paid an assistant coach over $100,000 and the only ones that come to mind in that category are Tad Boyle and Scott Spinelli.

Comment

DOBO is in the $50K range I found out.

Comment

[quote="wsu789"]In addition to the numerous other problems pointed out with Mulligan's take, his entire argument is flawed because the job of a DOBO is not recruiting. I don't think they are even allowed to recruit, are they? In some cases, perhaps they provide avenues to players (i.e. the Nigerian connection to which mull is apparently referring) but I think to say that their job is bringing in players is completely wrong. Mulligan, if you are just a troll, consider yourself fed.[/quote

Here are two examples of programs we are all familar with:

Kansas
                  Director of Basketball Operations - Ronnie Chalmers (Father)
                  Starting Guard - Mario Chalmers

Texas A&M

Student Athlete Development - Barry Davis (Uncle)
                  Starting Power Forward - Byron Davis

3rd Assistant - Byron Smith (AAU Summer Coach of Jordan)
                  Starting Center - DeAndre Jordan

Comment

When Steve Alford was at Iowa his father was the DOBO.

Comment

Originally posted by wsu789
                      In addition to the numerous other problems pointed out with Mulligan's take, his entire argument is flawed because the job of a DOBO is not recruiting. I don't think they are even allowed to recruit, are they? In some cases, perhaps they provide avenues to players (i.e. the Nigerian connection to which mull is apparently referring) but I think to say that their job is bringing in players is completely wrong. Mulligan, if you are just a troll, consider yourself fed.[/quote

Here are two examples of programs we are all familar with:

Kansas
                      Director of Basketball Operations - Ronnie Chalmers (Father)
                      Starting Guard - Mario Chalmers

Texas A&M

Student Athlete Development - Barry Davis (Uncle)
                      Starting Power Forward - Byron Davis

3rd Assistant - Byron Smith (AAU Summer Coach of Jordan)
                      Starting Center - DeAndre Jordan
                      This is what Ronnie Chalmers does at KU as the DoBO:

"Chalmers oversees the academic progress of the Jayhawks, works closely with the off-season strength and conditioning program, assists with on-campus recruiting and the day-to-day office operations."

That is probably what all DoBO's do.
                      "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                      -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Since we are talking about DOBOs, I thought I would post a picture of a DOBRO.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
                          Since we are talking about DOBOs, I thought I would post a picture of a DOBRO.

For a second, I thought you were going to post a picture of DOFO. Now that would have been a top 10 SN post of all time. 8)
                          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Read the entire blog and when it was written.

It's close to May and this board is still talking about Orupke. Like I said earlier in the year place the blame where it needs to be placed. Some staff members have yet to deliver and for Shocker Fans at roughly 1 million in pay roll for coaches it's unacceptable.

I've come to expect this board bashing my comments, but I'm just trying to keep it real.

Comment

you're keeping it real stupid.

Comment

Yes, let's continue to place blame on the guy whose job is not recruiting and who pulls down a whopping 5% of that million dollar payroll.
                                Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Working...
                                X