Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Theeeeeeeey arrrrre liiiiiiistening . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theeeeeeeey arrrrre liiiiiiistening . . .

Don't know if has been mentioned, but there was a LOT of talk about losing energy at time outs due to canned announcements, taped music, etc. on this board since the last game.
    Did anyone else notice how many times the band played the fight song or low brass cheer going into timeouts tonight. that can't be a coincidence.
    Unfortunately, depending on what happened right before the time out, sometimes the fight song didn't have a lot of people clapping. But, during a run in the second half and they had to call a time out, the fight song came up and everbody was standing and clapping. I loved that.

So, the moral is, let's start talking on here about the need for hot wings and beer needing to be handed down the aisles during timeouts.

If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

An original idea: How about fan-swap night with the New Orleans Saints? **** I just brought that up in another thread. I've lost focus.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Things are definitely moving in the right direction. Maybe by the Drake game they will have BatWu scrapped.

Comment

My Bud light Dare Devils....err....Acrodunkers showed up tonight. The dunker going through the MTXE sign was a nice touch even though he about shaved his face on the rim.

Comment

I also felt that they have been listening. During one of the timeouts where they were throwing out T Shirts, they threw about 10 of them in the student section. We are normally lucky to get one!
          Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

I'll bet that Kung Wu didn't even realize that it was Rixtoy that came over and was talking to my wife before the game. Next time I'll introduce you to each other.

Comment

The changes were very noticeable. The energy in the building flowed naturally with the game. The band was allowed to punctuate Shocker rallies with energetic music. The crowd was LOUD. The video board showed GET LOUD graphics and not complicated video during the game.

It shows you don't have to try hard to bring the energy back to Koch, you just let it flow.

Tonight was very fun.

--'85.
              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Is it a coincidence that the cheerleaders didn't throw the balls tonight? Is it a coincidence that the little girl who sits right in front of me caught a ball? Is it a coincidence that a total of 4 balls were thrown into the upper level of my section? They are listening!

Comment

I've been one to complain about this issue so I'll also acknowledge that I've noticed an improvement the last couple games. More band, picking their spots with the promotions, they are on the right track.

Now the students to step up and fill their section.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                    Now the students to step up and fill their section.
                    Still lots of empty seats in the lower part of sections 106-108-110, especially 108. Would some of you people go test drive cars or buy a furnace and redistribute some of those tickets? :D

--'85.
                    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

ABC says it's delusional to think the admins read Shockernet.

I think tonight was proof that is not the case.

Still some kinks to work out, but overall, there have been improvements. It at least shows that they are listening and maybe they actually do give a damn. Looks like those emails and signatures are starting to pay off... We'll see if the trend continues.

With a first place team that's knocking on the Top 25, there better not be ANY empty seats the last two nights of the season at Koch. Students better take advantage and spread the word. Special season indeed.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Thank you Administration. You all did a great job tonight! I definitely noticed!

Also, GREAT JOB SHOCKERS!

Comment

Awesome news. Last time I was in town was New Years for the Creighton game and the stupid promotions killed the atmosphere. My aunt who sat on the other side of the arena also mentioned how it took the crowd out of that game. A game like that is exciting enough, they don't need to have stupid contests and gimmicks to entertain us.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                            Thank you Administration. You all did a great job tonight! I definitely noticed!

Also, GREAT JOB SHOCKERS!
                            I agree they really let the band go with the flow tonight and did a much better with the promotions. I think they are paying attention to our emails.

It was more like the good ole days of the 1980s.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              ABC says it's delusional to think the admins read Shockernet.

I think tonight was proof that is not the case.

Still some kinks to work out, but overall, there have been improvements. It at least shows that they are listening and maybe they actually do give a damn. Looks like those emails and signatures are starting to pay off... We'll see if the trend continues.

With a first place team that's knocking on the Top 25, there better not be ANY empty seats the last two nights of the season at Koch. Students better take advantage and spread the word. Special season indeed.

"Delusional"? I think I am more hopeful . . .

I recognize this board (like any) sounds more like a grade school recess than a pool of wisdom at times, but I would hope a savvy marketing group would have a grad student or someone monitoring this board at times to get a sense of their customers' feelings - good or bad. That's what smart companies do (and monitor their competitors' boards as well).
                              But, whatever the motivation, there are noticeable changes, albeit the "halo effect" of that game certainly put everything in a more positive light.

On the post game they brought out that no one has scored 80 on NI in the last two years, until last night. Opponents have been averaging around 64 this year.
                              If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X