$10 tix for UNI Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $10 tix for UNI Game

Enter promo code GOSHOCKS at goshockers.com to purchase $10 tickets to Wednesday night's game vs. UNI!
    " There's a difference between a good team and a great team "

Are we having this much difficulty selling the place out? Holy crappp.

Comment

We've only sold out like 2 games in the conference season, the CU one and the SIU game (ironically).

This does seem to prove that somebody is reading this message board and is actually being proactive about things. Still hasn't translated to the in-game production yet.

Where did you hear about this? Is it being promoted to where it will even get utilized?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        We've only sold out like 2 games in the conference season, the CU one and the SIU game (ironically).

This does seem to prove that somebody is reading this message board and is actually being proactive about things. Still hasn't translated to the in-game production yet.
        Good point, it's a step in the right direction. And it's certainly hard to be too negative about crowds of 10,200 in a place that's 96% full.

Hopefully a tournament bid this year will help rejuvenate interest back to the 2004-07 levels. It's just a little mind boggling that we can't max the arena out in one of our best regular seasons in the last 30 years.

Comment

I saw it through Facebook.
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

The Indiana State game was just 37 tickets short of a sell out (10,468) without any promotion. It seems strange that they would feel the need to offer 60%+ off of tickets to the UNI game when the last game was so close to selling out.

The big problem with the Indy St game were the 200 or so students who took tickets and didn't show up and the season ticket holders in prime seats who didn't show up.

This $10 promo isn't going to solve those problems (unless they are overselling the GA section to make up for the students who don't show up- kind of like the airlines do).

Comment

I hardly think that Shockernet deserves any credit for this. The #s are the #s.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                I hardly think that Shockernet deserves any credit for this. The #s are the #s.
                When was the last time they had a promotion for $10 tickets to a Shocker men's basketball game?

Is it just sheer coincidence that this idea was being thrown around in one of the complaint threads recently and now, all of a sudden, is happening?
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Yes. There are over 10,000 fans that attend Shocker games and about 50 people that normally post on SN. Get over yourself.

Comment

Yes. There are over 10,000 fans that attend Shocker games and about 50 people that normally post on SN. Get over yourself.
                    Smart person who doesn't live in Wichita,

I wasn't the one suggesting the discounted ticket prices so if you think I'm clamoring for credit for an idea I had, you are dead wrong. It was someone else's.

You failed to answer my first question which leads me to believe you may be in trouble. Is it that inconceivable to believe that the higher heads don't read little old Shockernet? Maybe you need a knock on the head to get the brain cells awake again.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I would not have thought so..............but the timing is certainly suspicious.

Comment

ShockFever, when you ever get to any kind of high public position, you will understand that that internet message boards or blogs are about the last places you go to get a feel for what the public thinks.

I can guarantee you that decisions from the basketball office, baseball office, Athletic Dept., etc. are not based on what we post here.

The ratio of reality to Shockernet is about 10%. Sorry to disappoint you.

Comment

The athletic department can't do anything without being criticized by some people who claim they are fans.

Comment

ShockFever, when you ever get to any kind of high public position, you will understand that that internet message boards or blogs are about the last places you go to get a feel for what the public thinks.

I can guarantee you that decisions from the basketball office, baseball office, Athletic Dept., etc. are not based on what we post here.

The ratio of reality to Shockernet is about 10%. Sorry to disappoint you.
                            I'm not suggesting that EVERY decision is made based on the posts of anonymous individuals on a message board. But this would be a place to look through for to get an idea for general feelings surrounding the fanbase.

I don't think you've been following too closely lately. Posters have been very proactive, especially this last week about getting their points across about the latest administrative blunders. The coach virtually called out the administration on the coach's show for GS's milestone unmention. A person called the coach's show asking about general in-game production. Posters have made petitions and have stated they have emailed their views to the athletic department. Threads continue to sprout up on these issues. You think it's a coincidence that for the first time in a VERY LONG time, decades perhaps, that you can get into a men's basketball game for $10?

No one is stating that the athletic department revolves around this site. What it means though is people are finally getting fed up the the amateur hour and getting their voices heard, through whatever means necessary, including this forum. There is a user by the name of Shocker_SID on here. Coincidence again?

Don't be so naive to the situation. Of course nobody from upstairs is gonna admit to scanning the message boards, but I bet you'd be quite surprised how often it happens.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Naive, right. Good point.

Comment

Working...
                              X