No announcement yet.

MGM Resorts Main Event - November 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still working on a couple of friends to go out there with. Vegas and Shocker basketball sound like a great time.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

You are close enough for there to be no excuse!!

I kid.... Kinda.
      Thinking of making it over for this as well. Short little 50 minute flight. Although, looking at prices for hotels in Vegas and I might need to sell my first born to afford it.

Comment

Any excuse to go to Vegas is aces in my book.
        The Assman

Comment

B-dub working on a kitchen pass....

Comment

Serious suggestion: try VRBO if you have multiple people in your party unless you are hellbent on staying on the strip.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              Serious suggestion: try VRBO if you have multiple people in your party unless you are hellbent on staying on the strip.
              There's also some pretty cheap timeshares like Desert Rose within 10 minute walk from the MGM that comes out to about $50 per night per room.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

That was 15 seasons and 2 coaches ago.

Life is short, enjoy the ride. It’s always special to follow the Shocks on the road.
                15 seasons...My last fist fight happened with a table full of Beakers during this tourney. I came out unscathed but couldn't dump the adrenaline after. Probably also my first panic attack.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Game times and schedule released on Tuesday - https://goshockers.com/news/2021/8/1...ame-times.aspx

Wichita State will face Arizona in the first of two semifinal games on Friday, Nov. 19. The Shockers and Wildcats tip at 9 p.m. CT (7 p.m. PT) on ESPNU, followed by UNLV and Michigan (11:30 p.m. CT/9:30 p.m. PT on ESPN2).

The winners clash in the championship game on Sunday, Nov. 21 beginning at 8:30 p.m. CT (6:30 p.m. PT) on ESPN, followed by the third-place game (11 p.m. CT/9 p.m. PT on ESPN2).
                  Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Awesome. Go shocks.

Comment

Anyone remember Sean Miller?

The last time Arizona faced Wichita State, the Wildcats were bounced from the NCAA Tournament early and Sean Miller’s sweat glands became a meme. The Wildcats will face the Shockers in the opening...

Comment

I’ve seen fake sweat-throughs in comedy sketches that weren’t as impressive as what the Shocks did to Miller. Hopefully our outcome v Arizona will be similar and we play the first game on Sunday. I believe there’s a good chance of that. Got tickets and room locked in, really looking forward to this trip and hope it doesn’t get janked by COVID. Go Shox!
                        Last edited by B&Gpassion; August 30, 2021, 10:11 PM.

Comment

By Nov, I’m starting to wonder if fans will even be allowed.

Comment

Another season without fans would be dire for our athletic department.

Comment

It appears to depend on vaccinations in states.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

It appears to depend on vaccinations in states.

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/when-...live/37356920#
                                What am I supposed to be looking at? Is there a reference I’m missing?

Comment

Working...
                                X