MGM Resorts Main Event - November 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
    Hope we get to play Arizona again. Love making Sean Miller sweat!

IMG_20210310_094415.jpg
    If Sean Miller survives this offseason ...

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      So this is the weekend prior to turkey day?
      Correct - the Friday and Sunday before. And if you want to spend an additional week out there, the same promoter is putting on the Duke vs Gonzaga game in the same arena on the Friday after Thanksgiving :)

On a side note, for those in the Wichita area, there are now 3 non-stop flights out to Vegas from Wichita as Frontier started service a couple days ago on Monday. You can actually book the flight on them already if you wanted or see how much it could cost. The other two, Allegiant Air and Southwest, don't go out that far on their flight bookings. Allegiant Air is still a week away, and with Southwest, you can only book through August.
      Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

If Sean Miller survives this offseason ...
        I was looking around on the fan forums yesterday and on the UNLV forum there were posts that the rumor is Iowa State would let Prohm go and the UNLV coach would go to Iowa State. They were even throwing out names of replacement coaches they'd like to see, with Gregg Marshall's name in the mix :) It also sounded like they didn't think the UNLV team would be very good next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

Correct - the Friday and Sunday before. And if you want to spend an additional week out there, the same promoter is putting on the Duke vs Gonzaga game in the same arena on the Friday after Thanksgiving :)

On a side note, for those in the Wichita area, there are now 3 non-stop flights out to Vegas from Wichita as Frontier started service a couple days ago on Monday. You can actually book the flight on them already if you wanted or see how much it could cost. The other two, Allegiant Air and Southwest, don't go out that far on their flight bookings. Allegiant Air is still a week away, and with Southwest, you can only book through August.
          I may have to talk to some friends. We've talked about going to Vegas for a Chiefs game, but flights are very reasonable so an extra trip for some Shocker basketball could be doable.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Was looking at the presale ticket site and they've listed the sections designated for fans. I imagine it'll be listed on the main ticket page too, but just in case one buys tickets later on through another site, here are the sections:

UNLV Fans - Sec. 11-15, Sec. 220-222
            Arizona Fans - Sec. 16-20, Sec. 224-227
            Michigan Fans - Sec. 1-5, Sec. 201-204
            Wichita State Fans - Sec. 6-10, Sec. 206-208

Here's a link to the seating map with the sections - https://www.t-mobilearena.com/seating-maps

FYI - the NFL hasn't released their schedules for next season, but last November, the Chiefs played at the Raiders the Sunday night prior to Thanksgiving (Nov. 22). Would be kind of cool if they did that again this year. One could watch the Shockers and the Chiefs in the same city :)

Comment

I got my tickets yesterday. Section 6.

Comment

NFL released team schedules tonight. If you're a Chief's fan and want to spend a week in Vegas, the Chiefs play in Vegas vs the Raiders on Sunday night, November 14. If you're a Raider's fan, you could also catch the Raiders hosting the Bengals at 1 pm pst on November 21 if WSU isn't playing at that same time :)

Comment

NFL released team schedules tonight. If you're a Chief's fan and want to spend a week in Vegas, the Chiefs play in Vegas vs the Raiders on Sunday night, November 14. If you're a Raider's fan, you could also catch the Raiders hosting the Bengals at 1 pm pst on November 21 if WSU isn't playing at that same time :)
                  Nah, I don’t feel like getting shanked.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                    Nah, I don’t feel like getting shanked.
                    I imagine the Las Vegas Raiders will be quite different than the Oakland Raiders. The PSL difference between the two stadiums (if Oakland even had one) will discourage or price out a lot of the old infamous behavior.

Comment

Annnnndddddd what if you're a Bengals fan??!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Annnnndddddd what if you're a Bengals fan??!
                        Then I feel for you...all 5 of you.

Comment

I've already floated the idea of a week in Vegas to friends. A couple of them are big WSU guys while the other two like WSU but prefer other schools as their top choice. Could be a lot of fun.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

a WEEK in vegas? that's dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              I've already floated the idea of a week in Vegas to friends. A couple of them are big WSU guys while the other two like WSU but prefer other schools as their top choice. Could be a lot of fun.
                              Are your friends who like WSU but prefer other schools, fans of the other 3 schools in the Vegas Tourney or just other than WSU? If they are fans of Arizona, Michigan, or UNLV, stay away from alcohol. It could become volatile. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Are your friends who like WSU but prefer other schools, fans of the other 3 schools in the Vegas Tourney or just other than WSU? If they are fans of Arizona, Michigan, or UNLV, stay away from alcohol. It could become volatile. :)
                                I have two friends in this group that are KU first, WSU second. Just not sure they would want to spend an entire week in Vegas to do this tournament or not. They'd also be without their wives and kids during that time and I'm not sure they'd do that or be able to justify it to their significant others. I don't see their wives being down for the week in Vegas but I could be wrong. One isn't a big sports fan in general, doesn't hate it. The other is a big KU and Chiefs fan. She might be a maybe if they had arrangements for their children.

The other two friends I'm sure would absolutely be down. They're also dating even though she's a Lions fan, she does like the Chiefs and would be on board. But again, they each have children from previous marriages and that would have to be worked out to make it happen. They'd both previously mentioned maybe going out for the tournament, but extending the trip may not be doable.

I just patiently await responses.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X