MGM Resorts Main Event - November 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

Close - I do check for new requests on a regular basis, but I check the main log instead - https://openrecords.wichita.edu/view-request-log/ - because once a request is made public, such as #1288, then it's closed and no longer updated. For example, if more non-conference contracts are signed, WSU won't add them to the 1288 request, but will appear in a new request if one is made, so one has to check the main page for any updates. I found certain places do better requests than others. The ones who did the 1288 one - a company called Winthrop Intelligence LLC that runs a web site for AD's - tend to ask for some pretty good info. On the other hand, a guy by the name of Andy Wittry, who's a freelance writer, asks for some unusual things and typically begs to have any fees waived :) For example, his last request he asked "a copy of any licensing agreement or contract related to the production of WuShock Wheat beer from Wichita Brewing Company." WSU's response was "There are no records available. The University now considers request #1266 closed"

Most of the stuff recently regarding the basketball team has been requests for Isaac Brown's salary. A guy from USA Today asked in #1238 for "A document — including, but not limited to a payroll record — showing the current annual compensation for men’s basketball interim head coach Isaac Brown, including any amount he is receiving above the amount stated in his Notice of Appointment for fiscal year 2020-2021 that he is receiving as consideration for serving as the interim head coach." and WSU posted a pdf with everything redacted except Brown's name and the amount :)
    Seems like more effort than just a coincidence. Seems like a place that those who break stories also use. Thanks Ted Lasso's Neighbor .

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Taylor was sitting on it until he could maximize the negative spin by finding more anonymous-only, jaded sources that would quasi-collaborate the tournament announcement. But once TLN went live with it, it forced Taylor's hand. Expect a constant stream of self-referencing on Taylor's Twitter feed until the tournament date comes to a head.
      Took a second for me to figure out what you did there. Well done.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Taylor was sitting on it until he could maximize the negative spin by finding more anonymous-only, jaded sources that would quasi-collaborate the tournament announcement. But once TLN went live with it, it forced Taylor's hand. Expect a constant stream of self-referencing on Taylor's Twitter feed until the tournament date comes to a head.
        Does this mean we'll start seeing Taylor's last name in *'s :)
        Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

lol. I figured maybe he either saw this thread or someone contacted him asking him if things were true. I imagine his article wouldn't have been taken seriously if he had said "according to Ted Lasso's neighbor....." :) But I thought he'd at least get a confirmation from the athletic department vs just using the open record request as his source.
          I think you deserve partial credit. Well done! You do some quality work on this forum. I've always wondered, if you don't mind my asking, what made you join Shockernet back in October?

Comment

Have we played in Vegas since PJ's food poisoning and Giddens storming the court?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
              Have we played in Vegas since PJ's food poisoning and Giddens storming the court?
              Don't believe so. We played UNLV at home in 11-12 and blasted them, but I can't recall why as there was no return game. It wasn't BracketBusters and it wasn't a part of an MTE, at least I don't think so.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Don't believe so. We played UNLV at home in 11-12 and blasted them, but I can't recall why as there was no return game. It wasn't BracketBusters and it wasn't a part of an MTE, at least I don't think so.
                There was a Mountain West vs Valley Series with the top teams playing each other and return games following around that time, iirc.

Comment

UNLV also came here in 15-16 season (Ron’s and Fred’s senior year). It seems like there was some whining from a UNLV message board as to why they played here twice but we had not played them in Vegas yet.
                  78-65

Comment

karaoke at Harrah's nightly 6-9

Comment

MTE in Vegas? Nope, don’t like that! Whoever scheduled that must tote their balls in a wheelbarrow.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        karaoke at Harrah's nightly 6-9
                        The Blue Oyster won’t release you from your contract.

Comment

I like the idea of keeping our hard earned money in ‘Merica

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                            I like the idea of keeping our hard earned money in ‘Merica
                            Anywhere but Vegas...
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Anywhere but Vegas...
                              Cheaper flights to Vegas, I like that. I may have to talk to a couple of friends about this possibility.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Cheaper flights to Vegas, I like that. I may have to talk to a couple of friends about this possibility.
                                DOES NOBODY HERE REMEMBER THE LAST TIME WE PLAYED AN MTE IN VEGAS?!

Bad juju man.

Comment

Working...
                                X