Clear All

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    I thought that was the idea.
    Yipes, Stripes, Beechnut Gum!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Gentlemen, gentlemen. Keep it up!
      Ahh yes. Out newest cheer! Keep it up Shockers! Keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        I thought that was the idea.
        @KungWu with a hanging curve ball that @Aargh: hammers!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          So can @Aargh: play for the baseball team?

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
            look at what our AD posted on twitter

Eric L. Sexton @EricLSexton
            Shocker Students-1st 50 to pick up tickets Tues at the ticket office for the Wed UNI game will get a Shocker pom pom! #goshockers
            Well that sucks for me! I got my tickets to the UNI game an entire week ago! The first day possible to pick them up. Where is my free gift??

Comment

Does Marshall go and talk to the fraternities like Turgeon did? That was effective.
              He hasn't been to my fraternity. I didn't know Turgeon did that! That's cool!

Comment

I love how everyone on here gets on the students' a$$es for not showing up but doesn't say anything about the top two empty rows in the other sections. I am a graduate student and I try to go to as many games as I can but I do have work and a 3.0 GPA to maintain. So games are not really high on my list of things to do.

Giving away free pom poms is a start. I liked the idea they had last year where they gave away scholarships to the students. I talked to students that never been to the games but showed up just for a chance to win them. Also stop throwing just one thing into the student section for every promotion. Students love free stuff. So why not just give the students special items that only they can get. It would be easy to control since we already have to show our student ID to get in.

Making the students pay for the tickets is asking too much and you will get less students showing up. With tuition skyrocketing students already have very little money to spend on tickets. Plus if I remember right part of the student's tuition and fees went into remodeling Levitt Arena into Koch Arena and that is the reason for the 1,000 free tickets. Why renege on that deal now?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Well if you notice, the original was italicized for a reason. ;)
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Well if you notice, the original was italicized for a reason. ;)
                    I noticed that after I had made my post and suspected that was done with a purpose. Maybe that was your "special purpose" to quote Steve Martin from The Jerk.

Comment

Jenn Bates
                      Today coach Gregg Marshall referred to Garrett Stutz as 'a freaking man-child.' Hear more on that tonight at 6!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        It's a fraternity, Jamin. Just sayin'.

Coach Fogler did a great job of selling the students as best as they could be sold. I can't understand how there isn't at least 75% attendance from these groups.
                        My apologies.

Comment

@Downtown Shocker Brown and @Kung Wu I love the idea about extra credit. Also, if coach went to the Fairmount towers which are right across the street from the stadium and challenged some students to go to the games that may help also. I think the main thing is getting them in the building at least once then after that they will be wanting to come back on their own. Handing out Pom Poms at the time they pick up tickets does nothing to ensure that they will show up on gameday.
                          Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            Jenn Bates
                            Today coach Gregg Marshall referred to Garrett Stutz as 'a freaking man-child.' Hear more on that tonight at 6!
                            What I heard him say when I watched at 6:00 is that Garrett has not yet reached his full potential yet and that by the time he is 26-27 he will be "a freaking man-child". Said he thinks Garret will be able to play in the NBA.

Comment

On the Shocker Report show tonight on Cox 22 HCGM said that once he gets his phone to work, he was going to get hold of a couple of his buddies in the NBA and tell them they need to take another look at Garrett because he is playing so well.

Comment

Working...
                              X