Coaches Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a fraternity, Jamin. Just sayin'.

Coach Fogler did a great job of selling the students as best as they could be sold. I can't understand how there isn't at least 75% attendance from these groups.

Comment

I was told that the student tickets were sold out for the Indiana State game as of last Wednesday. Why they didn't all show up is a big question. I have been at the Rhatigan during my lunch hour to eat lunch at Chick Fil A and there is always a table set up for students to pick up tickets. I have also seen Coach Marshall and Coach Adams handing out pizza to the students and talking to them about attending the games.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        It's a fraternity, Jamin. Just sayin
        Yes. You wouldn't call your country... Well you get the point.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeylegal View Post
          I was told that the student tickets were sold out for the Indiana State game as of last Wednesday. Why they didn't all show up is a big question. I have been at the Rhatigan during my lunch hour to eat lunch at Chick Fil A and there is always a table set up for students to pick up tickets. I have also seen Coach Marshall and Coach Adams handing out pizza to the students and talking to them about attending the games.
          That is the problem with them being free. I'm sure students just grap them not even knowing if they are even going to go or not, since there's no risk in picking up free tickets. If they had to pay even 5 bucks for them, they'd probably really think about whether they can actually go before they pick them up.

Comment

Originally posted by JaminShock View Post
            I was in school from 01-05, and points 1, 3, and 5 in particular I agree with, especially 3 and 5. There were always large groups from the frats/sororities, all dressed alike, and the international students showed up in force.
            I'm gonna take some credit on #3. When I was a teaching-fellow at WSU I gave extra credit to all my students that showed up at games in the late 90's. They had no idea what basketball was really. But I told them that it's completely free and they need to take in the experience to really appreciate what going to college in America is all about.

They started showing up in droves and bringing their friends once they realized how awesome it was and couldn't believe it was free. Sadly, many students don't even have a clue as to what they are missing out on. It only takes getting them to one or two games and they are hooked. And .. it only takes simply making them aware of it and asking them.

Anyhow, once they bought in it became a "community" thing for them and it carried on for many years.

Edit: I should also add that "large" is relative. I was able to get about 20 to 30 of my students there regularly, but they brought more friends. So I wasn't filling the student section by any means, but getting 50 or so of them there was a proud moment.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Perhaps the University could offer halftime hummers?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                Volunteering?
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Naaaaaaaaaaa, a few empty seats don't bother me that much.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Nah. those things are real gas-guzzlers. A Prius would be more eco-friendly.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

No Prius for me. They suck.

Comment

No Prius for me. They suck.
                          I thought that was the idea!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            I thought that was the idea!
                            Gentlemen, gentlemen. Keep it up!
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              I thought that was the idea.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                Since the Cheerleaders can't throw then maybe...................What ya' think @martymoose?

Comment

Working...
                                X