Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
    I believe they are being scripted as well
    You better believe they are. They are told where to throw their gimmicky stuff. It's kind of funny because I really don't think the prime donors care that much about plastic balls and t-shirts that much. Especially since probably every one of them probably has a stockpile at home since they throw to the same people at every game during every timeout.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

[QUOTE=ShockerFever;296184]You better believe they are. They are told where to throw their gimmicky stuff. It's kind of funny because I really don't think the prime donors care that much about plastic balls and t-shirts that much. Especially since probably every one of them probably has a stockpile at home since they throw to the same people at every game during every timeout.[/
      QUOTE]
      They get a heckuva alot of WSU stuff as well. They don't need the petty ****

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerGorilla View Post
        That's not the first time if that is true. They were disqualified a few years ago for having an ineligible student perform with them in a competition.
        Yep, I think it's actually happened more than once. The last one was even after being warned that the person in question, should not participate, but they let them anyway. But if they could just throw a few bones to the kids in rows above 20, I'll forgive their past indiscretions.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
          And we have our first cheerleader to chime in....took longer than I thought. Learn to throw!
          Nope not at all. Just don't understand the constant complaining of all this little stuff that doesn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
            Nope not at all. Just don't understand the constant complaining of all this little stuff that doesn't matter.
            A lot of little things adds up to a big problem.

If the problems are so little, maybe they would be easy to correct? Or maybe they shouldn't be happening in the first place?

Don't lower your standards.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
              I figured since we're complaining about the production of our games and other things, this might be a good time to put out there the biggest problem of all.

What's up with the weak arms on the cheerleading squad? This comes up every year...I thought I'd bite my tongue and not post about it, but last game pushed me over the edge when I saw cheerleaders walking up into the crowd and handing balls/shirts to full grown adults. Not only that, but we have what appear to be very in shape males on the cheerleading squad unable to throw a ball past row 10. I know it's possible to throw the balls up high; the tiniest cheerleader on the squad had no problems last year. Apparently she was the only one with an arm. I don't let my kids run like vultures to the front row to beg for balls and shirts. All I ask is that a few of the cheerleaders give Kemnitz a call and learn to throw....and if you can't throw, don't draw it out by getting different sections to cheer, yell and beg for a ball/shirt and then the best you can do is hit row 5.
              They are cheerleaders! What do you expect? These aren't athletes, this isn't a sport. Your standards are just getting to high. It sucks, but if you want a shirt you better sit fairly close. An occasional basketball gets up high, but that is about it.

Comment

Originally posted by RHshoxfan View Post
                They are cheerleaders! What do you expect? These aren't athletes, this isn't a sport. Your standards are just getting to high. It sucks, but if you want a shirt you better sit fairly close. An occasional basketball gets up high, but that is about it.
                I don't want a shirt, those are pretty much just good for painting in. I just want the kids in the upper level to get some stuff too. It's for the kids!

Comment

Seating for 10,506... roughly 30 t-shirts and mini-balls to throw out a game. If you do the math, this means that you should pay for a lower seat. The softball team came out and threw the promotions while the cheer and dance were MIA. They didn't get them any higher then the cheer and dance teams.

MartyMoose~ if you want a shirt or ball that badly, maybe you should try to be nice to the people that throw these things out instead of chastising them on a forum.

Comment

I've come to the realization that so many complaint threads about all the little things is a good thing.

It means we don't have anything to complain about in our record or playing. Lets keep this trend up.
                    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Last time I was at Koch Arena for the UNLV game, there was gum on one of the concrete pillars.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                        Last time I was at Koch Arena for the UNLV game, there was gum on one of the concrete pillars.
                        NO FRIGGIN' WAY! Spearmint or berry?
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                          Here's the underside of one of the tables in the Charter Guardian room: :D

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by kshox View Post
                            Seating for 10,506... roughly 30 t-shirts and mini-balls to throw out a game. If you do the math, this means that you should pay for a lower seat.
                            How many times do I have to say it? I don't want t-shirts!!!! They can throw balls to the upper level with a little practice, I hope they're at CKA right now practicing.

The softball team came out and threw the promotions while the cheer and dance were MIA. They didn't get them any higher then the cheer and dance teams.
                            Myself and others around me were excited to see the softball team throwing stuff that game...however we soon realized why WSU has finished in the bottom half of the Valley the last few years.

MartyMoose~ if you want a shirt or ball that badly, maybe you should try to be nice to the people that throw these things out instead of chastising them on a forum.

Again, I don't want a shirt!!! They don't have a clue where I sit.

Comment

The baseball team will be at the game on Wednesday signing autographs in the concourse, maybe they should let them throw the promo t-shirts and balls during the game.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                                The baseball team will be at the game on Wednesday signing autographs in the concourse, maybe they should let them throw the promo t-shirts and balls during the game.
                                According to recent trends, that wouldn't be much better than the softball team.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X