While we're complaining about things - Cheerleaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While we're complaining about things - Cheerleaders

I figured since we're complaining about the production of our games and other things, this might be a good time to put out there the biggest problem of all.

What's up with the weak arms on the cheerleading squad? This comes up every year...I thought I'd bite my tongue and not post about it, but last game pushed me over the edge when I saw cheerleaders walking up into the crowd and handing balls/shirts to full grown adults. Not only that, but we have what appear to be very in shape males on the cheerleading squad unable to throw a ball past row 10. I know it's possible to throw the balls up high; the tiniest cheerleader on the squad had no problems last year. Apparently she was the only one with an arm. I don't let my kids run like vultures to the front row to beg for balls and shirts. All I ask is that a few of the cheerleaders give Kemnitz a call and learn to throw....and if you can't throw, don't draw it out by getting different sections to cheer, yell and beg for a ball/shirt and then the best you can do is hit row 5.

I'm not complaining one iota here....there's a dance team member that's perfectly positioned for me, and I don't seem to be tortured by the one annoying yell leader this year, so it's all good from where I sit.

Comment

eliza+bring+it+on.jpg

Comment

I can think of other aspects, which are lacking, but I shan't comment because I will be chastised.
        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
          I can think of other aspects, which are lacking, but I shan't comment because I will be chastised.
          Well, now you are going to be chastised if you don't!
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
            I figured since we're complaining about the production of our games and other things, this might be a good time to put out there the biggest problem of all.

What's up with the weak arms on the cheerleading squad? This comes up every year...I thought I'd bite my tongue and not post about it, but last game pushed me over the edge when I saw cheerleaders walking up into the crowd and handing balls/shirts to full grown adults. Not only that, but we have what appear to be very in shape males on the cheerleading squad unable to throw a ball past row 10. I know it's possible to throw the balls up high; the tiniest cheerleader on the squad had no problems last year. Apparently she was the only one with an arm. I don't let my kids run like vultures to the front row to beg for balls and shirts. All I ask is that a few of the cheerleaders give Kemnitz a call and learn to throw....and if you can't throw, don't draw it out by getting different sections to cheer, yell and beg for a ball/shirt and then the best you can do is hit row 5.
            I agree with you on this moose except for the part that you call them cheerleaders. They are yell leaders. Cheer leaders resemble the USC "Song girls" but I refer to them as the "Sweater girls".

Comment

I believe they are being scripted as well, as they are loud and proud at the womens games. Ok, maybe not super loud, but much smaller crowd makes them that much more noticable.

Comment

Ricardo...'lacking'??? Or .....

Comment

This is a dumb topic.

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                    This is a dumb topic.
                    As opposed to a smart topic?

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                      This is a dumb topic.
                      And we have our first cheerleader to chime in....took longer than I thought. Learn to throw!

Comment

Or how about those worthless ball boys? Do they not screen them for how well they dry the floor? They act like they don't get paid. Some of them just go around & around in circles or just dance around without getting the badly needed areas.

Comment

I heard at the game the other night that our cheer/dance team had a regulation shakeup(no pun intended)...that our 'team' wasn't legal...that so?AND...does anyone really care?????

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                            I heard at the game the other night that our cheer/dance team had a regulation shakeup(no pun intended)...that our 'team' wasn't legal...that so?AND...does anyone really care?????
                            That's not the first time if that is true. They were disqualified a few years ago for having an ineligible student perform with them in a competition.

Comment

How can a cheer/ dance team be disqualified???
                              I know, I know... It's a sport.

Yep.

Comment

Working...
                              X