David Kyles Final Four for Dunk Contest - Vote Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wuhog View Post
    THAT is BS! No one player cost us the game.
    Hog,
    I will agree the whole team wins together and loses together.

However Saturday's game, like Friday's game, should have been over at halftime.

With JC on the bench and the entire ISU front court open for business, your buddy DK proceeds to force 4 22-25' jumpers and commit one T/O in the space of 5 minutes. He also forced one drive that fortunately Jake White muscled a rebound and scored.

His YMCA bombs not only killed any momentum and rhythm the offense had, they kept ISU in the game when they were vulnerable and should have been blown out.

To make bad matters worse, in the second half during crunch time, he committed an unforced T/O dribbling the ball off his foot.

Hog, we are talking about a Sr with 4 years in the program. He should know better by now.

SR
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Let's just say that DK's line was all too reminiscent of his 1-12 in another Shocker loss this season. He didn't lose the game, but he was unquestionably a plus for IlSt. And I agree with ShockRef -- a senior should know better.

Comment

• This is our last chance to vote for David. Voting ends today at noon Wichita time. We need everyone to vote one last time. Right now he is still down 49% to 51%. A large last minute push might do the trick. You never know.

Comment

• Done all I can even this weekend while in St. Lou. ,,,But I don't think we're gonna get this done,, ( i really would like to see the #'s)
          From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
            Hog,

With JC on the bench and the entire ISU front court open for business, your buddy DK proceeds to force 4 22-25' jumpers and commit one T/O in the space of 5 minutes. He also forced one drive that fortunately Jake White muscled a rebound and scored.

His YMCA bombs not only killed any momentum and rhythm the offense had, they kept ISU in the game when they were vulnerable and should have been blown out.

To make bad matters worse, in the second half during crunch time, he committed an unforced T/O dribbling the ball off his foot.

Hog, we are talking about a Sr with 4 years in the program. He should know better by now.

SR
            Don't forget about the unforced turnover in the second half that DWill had when he touched the ball on the end line when trying to throw the ball in too quickly with no one open. I believe the Redbirds made a three after that turnover.

Or the missed uncontested layup that Jake White had in the first half.

There are a bunch of other mistakes that could be mentioned that caused us to miss out on some buckets.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
              Don't forget about the unforced turnover in the second half that DWill had when he touched the ball on the end line when trying to throw the ball in too quickly with no one open. I believe the Redbirds made a three after that turnover.

Or the missed uncontested layup that Jake White had in the first half.

There are a bunch of other mistakes that could be mentioned that caused us to miss out on some buckets.
              DWill did not touch the end line with the ball. The end line is still out of bounds. He actually touched the playing court with the ball.

Jake White's miss was anything but uncontested. He actually tried to do a reversed lay up using the rim as a block. It was a tough shot.

We could also talk about DK's other T/O in the second half which led directly to an ISU FG.

His lazy pass that was stolen and resulted in a lay up for Brown was bad. Real bad.

As mentioned all players make mistakes. He is a 4 year player who just made a whole bunch of them in a big game.

That is all.
              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Now, let's get this thread back to voting FOR David in the dunk contest.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                  Hog,

SR
                  There have been other seniors in the past that have had horrible games and could be blamed for losses. Pinning this loss solely on DK is not correct.

Comment

• Looks like it's over and we could not quite get David over the hump. Conratulations to the winner, James Justice of Martin Methodist. Hope he does very well in the contest. Even more so, I hope David is busy with other basketball matters.

Comment

• The last I checked (about 10 am), David was down 49-51%. I assume that is how it finished. It hurts to get so close and not be able to get him over the top.

Comment

Working...
                      X