Schedule Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
    Hopefully this is the first of many changes. Taylor speculating we will have Tulane Monday, Memphis Thursday and Temple Sunday.

If Taylor is right, and we only win 2 of the 3 games (with one of the victories being Memphis), is that a net positive or negative in terms of our tournament chances?

Comment

We cannot afford to lose to Temple or Tulane, period. A loss to either might be enough to keep us out. A win over Memphis along with these 2 would punch our ticket.

Comment

Just win, baby
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Rocker View Post

If Taylor is right, and we only win 2 of the 3 games (with one of the victories being Memphis), is that a net positive or negative in terms of our tournament chances?
          2 out 3 is not good enough. WSU needs to win all 3.

Comment

I could see this team going 3-0, 0-3, or anywhere in between.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              I could see this team going 3-0, 0-3, or anywhere in between.
              Do the winning lottery numbers next, please.

Comment

WSU needs to win all three and WSU will.

Comment

Well maybe we hear some news about the upcoming schedule tomorrow. I find it interesting about the predictions of how many games WSU has to win to get into the tournament when so many teams that are supposedly already in the tournament are getting their butts kicked by losing teams tonight.

Comment

I just hope they win their next game. Looking 3 games ahead isn't too smart, and it's actually the kiss of death. But, since this is a fan forum...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                        I just hope they win their next game. Looking 3 games ahead isn't too smart, and it's actually the kiss of death. But, since this is a fan forum...
                        Totally agree. And based on what has been reported in the newspaper and other media outlets Coach IB and the other coaches have been preaching just focus on the next game. Regardless when the Shocks play Tulane that game will not be easy. Shocks need to be focused and ready to give their best effort. Road games are hard.

Tulane guys can spread you out, drive to the cup, and make shots. And you better not foul them. They shoot like 80% from the free throw line. Yeap any talk about the next 3 games or whether Tyson E is going to nba draft evaluation this summer is just a dumb distraction. Go Shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                          Sounds like the best we can hope for is one game against Memphis in addition to @ Tulane and @ Temple.

Three winnable games if we bring the same effort we did against Houston. None are pushovers, especially Temple and obviously Memphis.

Temple pounded USF last night and Memphis looks really tough right now, although they still do a lot of the dumb crap that makes me think we should beat them if we rebound and take care of the ball.

Comment

FWIW, the tab at the top of Shockernet labeled "MBB Calendar" is a direct connection to the same calendar that GoShockers.com uses, so it's very accurate. (or at least as accurate as the schedule you see on GoShockers)
                            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                              Yeap any talk about the next 3 games or whether Tyson E is going to nba draft evaluation this summer is just a dumb distraction. Go Shocks.
                              It certainly would be if the players and coaches were talking about that. But I doubt that is the case. Not sure fans speculating about such things on a message board is of such significance.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 25, 2021, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                FWIW, the tab at the top of Shockernet labeled "MBB Calendar" is a direct connection to the same calendar that GoShockers.com uses, so it's very accurate. (or at least as accurate as the schedule you see on GoShockers)
                                Is it possible to link into all the sports calendars that way we can have a one stop fits all calendar of shocker sports?

Note: I will be just as happy with a "sure" as I would with a "It's not worth my time".

Comment

Working...
                                X