No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. SMU Pregame Discussion 2-14-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At some point, there needs to be a discussion about forfeits. Wichita State is missing so many games that is the other team’s fault. This is crap.
    78-65

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
      The Shocks do not stand a chance in this game. All the national experts and those on the AAC message board have said so. SMU is the second best team in this league. That's why they are ranked higher than the shocks and almost swept Memphis. And we know what Memphis did to the shocks. This is going to be a beat down on national television. Vegas picks SMU.

In addition the shocks will be playing against the best point guard in the league in K. Davis. Some say he is the best player in the league. He can not be guarded. He will get to the cup all night long and make layups. When people try and help out he will dish to F. Hunt for the automatic 3 point. Those guys can really shoot. And now they got Jolly back too. Their front line is bigger and more athletic than the shocks. Its a nightmare match up for the shocks. Considering the shocks just do not seem to have the mental toughness to play with SMU this is just not going to be a pretty site. I wish I was wrong but we just need to accept that SMU is out of our league. WSU doesn't even have a team this year. And after Coach M resigned their program is in shambles.

Are you tired of hearing all this type of smack. I know that I am. Lets see if this team and coaches are tired of hearing this and go and do something about it. Go Shocks.

That needs to be posted in the Shocker locker room right before they take the floor Sunday afternoon. Wonder if they'll be staying in Dallas through Monday and busing home Tuesday? Monday isn't looking like a day to travel. Regardless, lets hope it's a fun bus ride home.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
        At some point, there needs to be a discussion about forfeits. Wichita State is missing so many games that is the other team’s fault. This is crap.
        Forfeits won’t help our efficiency ratings I wouldn’t think though. We need to just play Houston since their Memphis game got postponed.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

That needs to be posted in the Shocker locker room right before they take the floor Sunday afternoon. Wonder if they'll be staying in Dallas through Monday and busing home Tuesday? Monday isn't looking like a day to travel. Regardless, lets hope it's a fun bus ride home.
          There isn’t a game

Comment

Originally posted by OKC Shocker View Post

There isn’t a game
            Guess I'm late to the party...

Comment

Dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                If a team can't play due to covid/weather/anything and the game doesn't get rescheduled, it should result in a forfeit at the conclusion of the season.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

They need to focus on figuring out how to get all the game between Houston, Wichita, Memphis and SMU done. Those are the only 4 teams that matter at this point to the conference.

I posted on the AAC board they need to just cancel the official AAC tournament and host a double elimination tournament with those 4 teams. That will maximize our NCAA opportunities.

Comment

The AAC covid mitigation and scheduling is just stupid. I guess the Commissioner is more concerned about pursuing his next job instead of maximizing the leagues games.

1. They should be quarantining players not teams. P5 conferences are only cancelling games when there is major covid escape, otherwise they are just holding out affected players.

2. The league scheduling should be organized to maximize games. That means putting the game on the same days, and preparing to audible when you are forced to hold out teams.

Comment

Can we play Houston 3 times in a regular conference schedule? Let's head back down to their place on Sunday and keep our game up here on 2/25.

Comment

Bummer.

Comment

Also of note ... ECU played Memphis then quickly after played SMU ... all 3 of those teams are now on pause. Thanks ECU. This is a new way to Evansville the league.

Comment

I feel like we either aren’t going to make up all these games or have like 3 games/week for the rest of the way out

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                              The AAC covid mitigation and scheduling is just stupid. I guess the Commissioner is more concerned about pursuing his next job instead of maximizing the leagues games.

1. They should be quarantining players not teams. P5 conferences are only cancelling games when there is major covid escape, otherwise they are just holding out affected players.

2. The league scheduling should be organized to maximize games. That means putting the game on the same days, and preparing to audible when you are forced to hold out teams.

Might be a factor in only one team (likely Houston) getting an NCAA birth. The conference handling of Covid is beyond dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                                I feel like we either aren’t going to make up all these games or have like 3 games/week for the rest of the way out
                                They need to forget about trying to schedule the ECU or USF or even the Cincy make ups. Just make sure the UH, Memphis and SMU x2 games happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X