Wichita State vs. UCF Game Thread 2-10-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post

Patience. He has only been playing basketball for five years. This next year will be super important for his development. Covid keep him from rehabbing in Wichita last summer.
    Sorry but I call bullsht. Yes I realize that he has only been playing for 5 years. A total of 7 if you count the two with WSU. I am not expecting him to be a double double. But my gosh! He is a big man at 6 '10 and 235. IPBC 6'9 and 240. They are both big men. They need to play like big men. Right before the half the Shocks could of had a 6 point lead if they just would have rebounded the ball. Instead they both played soft and let a UCF player go in and get the rebound for a put back. Just block out the man and grab the dam ball. That should not be that difficult. Those guys need to toughen up. Go Shocks.

Comment

• If you don't have the experience and/or skill it takes to grab a contested 50/50, you have to at least junk it up and give your guards a chance to.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• JB is not a true post player. He's an athletic, long 4 man but needs to play alongside a skilled post player so we don't lose any offensive production having him and a bad 5 on the floor together. He's still like a baby deer but he can potentially guard out to the perimeter and be a good secondary rebounder. We just have to be patient with his development.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          JB is not a true post player. He's an athletic, long 4 man but needs to play alongside a skilled post player so we don't lose any offensive production having him and a bad 5 on the floor together. He's still like a baby deer but he can potentially guard out to the perimeter and be a good secondary rebounder. We just have to be patient with his development.
          McDuffy was like a baby giraffe...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            I used to be high on JB's potential. Now I'm starting to think he may be a smaller version of Orukpe.

To be fair, he was hardly able to practice last year, and is just now getting to practice or play this year. The guy has some skills and he can hit 3's. He's not used to using his skills in game situations.

The question is can WSU afford 6 years of scholarships to get 2 productive years out of him. With a redshirt year last year, and this year doesn't count, he's a Fr next year for classification purposes. I think he's going to need two years of practices and getting into game situations before anything resembling his potential should be expected.
            I'm sure JB will be a superstar after he graduates from WSU. It seems like a lot of our post players hit their peak after leaving WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

I'm sure JB will be a superstar after he graduates from WSU. It seems like a lot of our post players hit their peak after leaving WSU.
              Serious question. Other than those whose jersey hangs in the rafters, how many "big men" have produced well in their freshman, sophomore, or maybe even junior years?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                These announcers are doing a good job, honestly.
                They were the best I've heard call a wsu game this year on tv.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

Don't you think that is because of the offenses that just about all colleges run these days? Most are guard centered offenses looking to score either a layup, draw a foul or hit a 3. Very little midrange or post oriented offenses.
                  I liked adding the 3 ball (can you imagine what aubry would have done with it in these offenses), but I like the muscle up games a little more.
                  I suppose the shot clock changed some of that as well. Passing to great post players and cutters to the hoop was more prevalent in the 70s. Way more passes/possession. At least I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

They were the best I've heard call a wsu game this year on tv.
                    Agreed.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                    X