Wichita State vs. UCF Game Thread 2-10-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
    I think this was Monzy’s best game of the year. He did all the normal positive stuff like bringing energy, rebounding, scoring at all levels, while also limiting defensive lapses and poor shot selection. Keep it up!
    The last 10 seconds of the game would like you to review it :)

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

The last 10 seconds of the game would like you to review it :)
      Good point there, although I did CYA by saying he “limited” them instead of “eliminated”.

I do wonder how we could handle those situations better in the future.

Comment

Good point there, although I did CYA by saying he “limited” them instead of “eliminated”.

I do wonder how we could handle those situations better in the future.
        Great question. I am curious if it is just inexperience, low BBIQ, ineffective coaching, something else?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Enjoy the ride.

Some of you have the luxury of knowing it's likely you're going to have several dozen seasons left in your life to cheer on the Shocks. Others probably don't have that long of an outlook.

Who knows what next season will bring, or if we'll even get to watch it....so enjoy what you have today. Applicable for many things, not just Shocker basketball.

Wow. I kid, really I do, but...

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

Great question. I am curious if it is just inexperience, low BBIQ, ineffective coaching, something else?
            If I had to venture a guess I think we need to do a better job of making him change direction at least once before he gets to half court. That is easier said than done because you obviously don’t want to commit a foul on some cheap hand check in the backcourt. Once he gets a head of steam like he did it’s really difficult to guard without fouling or giving up a layup or open three.

Exactly what the correct strategy is to make that happen, I don’t know.

Comment

• IMG_20210211_141231.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                Agony of defeat.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                  Feel bad for the dude, he played his ass off and had a good look at the game winner, it just didn’t go down. I look at it as the odds coming back around after the banked in three and the post man drilling that one at the end of the shot clock like he was Klay Thompson.

Comment

• I'm digging Clarence Jackson's new yellow hair coloring highlights. Shocker style baby!!!
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Feel bad for the dude, he played his ass off and had a good look at the game winner, it just didn’t go down. I look at it as the odds coming back around after the banked in three and the post man drilling that one at the end of the shot clock like he was Klay Thompson.
                      Can you attach the video to this picture?

Comment

Josephat Bilau had his best game in a long time. He looked much more aggressive, active, and aware out there compared to his last few appearances.

In time he will turn around and dunk that one ball that he bobbled out of bounds.

Sign of more to come? We’ll see. And when I’m talking about more to come I’m not saying he’s going to become our best post but it would be a big benefit to the team if he could give us 5-10 minutes of competent basketball - defense, rebounding, and dunks - when called upon.
                        Blah blah blah been hearing this for 2 years. Its time JB stop being potential and do something.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Blah blah blah been hearing this for 2 years. Its time JB stop being potential and do something.
                          Patience. He has only been playing basketball for five years. This next year will be super important for his development. Covid keep him from rehabbing in Wichita last summer.

Comment

I believe the Shox were on the list of teams interested in Perry when he transferred out of Louisville last year. He would have been a gritty tough good addition to this team. He chose UCF...and he lost...

Comment

• I will say HE thought it was a winner as he back pedaled to center court after he released the shot. I agree with Pie in that karma finally evened out at the end.

Comment

• I used to be high on JB's potential. Now I'm starting to think he may be a smaller version of Orukpe.

To be fair, he was hardly able to practice last year, and is just now getting to practice or play this year. The guy has some skills and he can hit 3's. He's not used to using his skills in game situations.

The question is can WSU afford 6 years of scholarships to get 2 productive years out of him. With a redshirt year last year, and this year doesn't count, he's a Fr next year for classification purposes. I think he's going to need two years of practices and getting into game situations before anything resembling his potential should be expected.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X