Wichita State vs. UCF Game Thread 2-10-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
    Why didn't Jackson play more in the first half?
    I was thinking the same thing.
    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

So Mike O'Donnell is one of the announcers. I follow him on twitter and I think he's more of an AAC guy than UCF guy, or just a general color analyst not tied to any team.

Comment

I did not expect us to be winning (just barely) the rebounding battle. Would love to see us get the ball in the paint and convert too. Three balls are fun when they fall, though.
        Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post
          I did not expect us to be winning (just barely) the rebounding battle. Would love to see us get the ball in the paint and convert too. Three balls are fun when they fall, though.
          Odd stat...we have 9 offensive and 9 defensive rebounds.

Comment

JB did just fine until the last 20 sec and the foul came when Wade pushed him right into the UCF guy so not
            JB's fault. The other three minutes were pretty serviceable on defense. I said last game that DD's release was
            looking better and it's there so far tonight along with his overall intensity/quickness. They are over playing TE
            as one would expect so he has to pass quickly out of it to initiate a 4-3 elsewhere. I think team defense and
            rebounding are going to decide whether we win or not. Get up on their three point shooters. Also, I think JB
            is used to playing on the perimeter and more comfortable there. Looks very uncomfortable around the rim.

Comment

Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post
              Really need to have Udeze in for that. Hopefully he doesn't pick up some quick fouls.

Comment

Monzi has earned more playing time. Coaches have to play the guys that are contributing.
                I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Odd stat...we have 9 offensive and 9 defensive rebounds.
                  Last year (2020) WSU finished tied for 27th nationally in team rebounds at 39.3 per game. Thus far this year they are tied for 30th (updated to 15 games) at 39.7 per game (actually more boards per game). Here are some team rebounding stats from the last 5 years:

2019: Tied for 57th at 37.8.
                  2018: Tied for 9th at 40.5.
                  2017: Tied for 5th at 40.8.
                  2016: Tied for 99th at 37.5 (Play-in)
                  2015: Tied for 104th at 35.6 (The year we beat the ChickenHawks).

Reference: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas.../stat/rebounds

Comment

Udeze is starting to use his left hand. That's good.

Then converts the 'and one'. That's even better.

Comment

• Udeze bad ... Udeze good ... Udeze bad ... Udeze good ...

Comment

• When Dexter's good the Shox are good. It's just that simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                          Udeze bad ... Udeze good ... Udeze bad ... Udeze good ...
                          Udeze frustrating
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                            When Dexter's good the Shox are good. It's just that simple.
                            3 boards away from a double double already.

Comment

• Etienne needs to not settle for the 30 footer, take to the rack, create for your teammates..he’ll get his shots

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                                When Dexter's good the Shox are good. It's just that simple.
                                That's true.
                                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Working...
                                X