Wichita State vs. Temple Pregame Discussion 2-7-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State vs. Temple Pregame Discussion 2-7-21

WICHITA STATE (10-4, 6-2) vs TEMPLE (4-5, 3-5)
    SUNDAY, FEB 7, 2021 | 2:00 P.M. CT
    WICHITA, KS / CHARLES KOCH ARENA
    TV: ESPNU
    RADIO: KEYN 103.7 FM (GoShockers.com/Listen)
    LAST MEETING: FEBRUARY 27, 2020. WSU 72 - TEMPLE 69
    GAME RECAP
    : Trey Wade scored a season-high 21 points and Wichita State came from behind late to defeat Temple, 72-69, at Charles Koch Arena.

The Shockers (21-7, 9-6 American) erased a seven-point deficit in the last 4:00. Wade hit a three, Tyson Etienne converted a layup and Jamarius Burton followed with six-straight points in an 11-1 run that turned the tide.

Wade went 4-of-5 from distance and dunked three times on his way to 21 points and seven rebounds.

Burton scored eight of his 15 points over the last 2:18 and a tallied team-high six assists.

Jaime Echenique added 14 points and matched his career-high with 13 rebounds to claim his sixth double-double of the year.

Quinton Rose paced Temple (14-14, 6-9) with 20 points and five steals, and Monty Scott chipped in 14 points off the bench.

Wichita State reached the 50 percent mark from the field for the first time since its Dec. 29 win over Abilene Christian, hitting 28-of-56, including 9-for-21 from three-point range.

Temple finished at 43.6 percent and outscored the Shockers 16-7 at the free throw line and 23-11 off turnovers.

The teams were even on the glass, 32-32. WSU committed 15 turnovers to Temple's 13.

Shocks by 10. Just win baby!

Comment

Ughhh Temple. Our nemesis. I'm all for saving the owls and s##t...but come on boys!!! Let's smoke 'em!!!

Go Shocks!!!
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Temple has a pretty decent center. He’s not super athletic but he is big and will probably give Mo a tough time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
          Temple has a pretty decent center. He’s not super athletic but he is big and will probably give Mo a tough time.
          Maybe. But did you hear Mark Adams assessment of MU last night during the game between Cincy and Temple? He said MU was 6'9 but played like he was 5'9 because Morris had short arms. I don't think MU is 6'9 but he had me thinking about the short arm comment. I still think you got to box out and then go after the ball regardless of how long your arms are. Go Shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Maybe. But did you hear Mark Adams assessment of MU last night during the game between Cincy and Temple? He said MU was 6'9 but played like he was 5'9 because Morris had short arms. I don't think MU is 6'9 but he had me thinking about the short arm comment. I still think you got to box out and then go after the ball regardless of how long your arms are. Go Shocks.
            Love Mark Adams but it’s possible he’s got his info mixed up because I’ve heard people also mention that Mo’s wingspan is longer than his height. Someone get the measuring tape!

Comment

Gonna need a power nap sometime between 4pm and 5pm. Please, please win in regulation Shockers!
              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                He said MU was 6'9 but played like he was 5'9 because Morris had short arms.

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Regardless of arms, we all know Mo plays like a small post, not like a big post. Chandler plays bigger and he's only an inch taller. Speaking of Chandler, is it weird that we have a center that never dunks the ball?

Comment

Regardless of arms, we all know Mo plays like a small post, not like a big post. Chandler plays bigger and he's only an inch taller. Speaking of Chandler, is it weird that we have a center that never dunks the ball?
                    PB doesn't have any low post moves, so when he gets the ball, he prefers to face the basket which pulls him farther away for the goal. If he shot the ball better from the perimeter, it would be good, but he doesn't.

Comment

I believe he’s had a couple of dunk put-backs, but he’s sure no skywalker.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I believe he’s had a couple of dunk put-backs, but he’s sure no skywalker.

No kidding. IPBC got more alley oop dunks in his highschool mix video than he has gotten at WSU. What happen to that IPBC ?

Comment

Mo has one post move and it's not the least bit polished.

Center is not a strength
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

4 free tickets available for tomorrow, must meet at Will call at 1:45. PM me if interested.

Tix gone.
                            Last edited by Triticum aestivum L.; February 6, 2021, 03:08 PM.

Comment

This is a game the Shocker cannot afford to take for granted or to overlooks. This a game they need to come ready to play and take care of business. Hopefully, IHCIB will have attitutdes properly adjusted and focused on the job at hand.

Comment

Working...
                              X