No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. Memphis Game Thread 1-21-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since NMSU isn't getting to play many games, just wonder if a certain coach is watching this Sheet Show.

That is all.
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Hate to say it but Dennis and Gilbert are gonna have to win it for us. Tyson is too short to get shots off against his defender and they will blanket him all 2nd half. Udeze can’t hang underneath and Wade is irrelevant. Dennis and Gilbert HAVE to make baskets.
      DD and AG have been even worse with their shots than TE, so I don’t know if that’s the recipe to bank on.
      The Assman

Comment

• Memphis looks like a poorly coached AAU team and we are losing by six at the half - what does that tell
        you? TE, Porter, CJ, TW, DD,AG etc are all stinking it up. Poor Bear played okay and that's it. No
        ball movement and no player movement without the ball. MU only scored because of a couple good
        passes. We look downright intimidated. Tell you the truth, I'd start little Wade with AG. and RC for DD.
        I'd also start Poor Bear.

Comment

• That was the worst half of basketball we have seen this year. Hope they come out the 2nd half and play smarter and hit shots. Yet we're only down by 6.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            wish this was on ESPN+
            It is on plus. Also

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              We're colder than a five day old polar bear turd.
              Like a bear patty in the cold Arctic sun?

"It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• That half was there for the taking and instead we took it, took a giant crap on it and then lit a fuse to it and watched it blow up in our face.

Memphis may be a bottom 3 team and we were never really in it.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Hate to say it but Dennis and Gilbert are gonna have to win it for us. Tyson is too short to get shots off against his defender and they will blanket him all 2nd half. Udeze can’t hang underneath and Wade is irrelevant. Dennis and Gilbert HAVE to make baskets.
                  Then we're ****ed
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Perhaps being off 8 days has something to with it, but Memphis has players. And athletes. But the truth is the Tigers are a very good defensive team, especially in the half court.

We need to get out and run, take it HARD to the basket and live with the results or shoot the first good look we get, even if it's an open 25 footer. We're just not going to get better looks in the half court.

We should be down 30 the way we're playing. Fortunately Memphis is so poorly coached we're still in it. IHCIB has made some good adjustments at half this season, let's see how he does tonight.

Comment

Then we are ****ed.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Udeze has 2 dribbles at his disposal. A 3rd dribble almost always results in a turnover.

Comment

• I sure hope IB doesn’t get outcoached by Penny effing Hardaway in the second half or that doesn’t bode well for the future.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Perhaps being off 8 days has something to with it, but Memphis has players. And athletes. But the truth is the Tigers are a very good defensive team, especially in the half court.

We need to get out and run, take it HARD to the basket and live with the results or shoot the first good look we get, even if it's an open 25 footer. We're just not going to get better looks in the half court.

We should be down 30 the way we're playing. Fortunately Memphis is so poorly coached we're still in it. IHCIB has made some good adjustments at half this season, let's see how he does tonight.
                            This....a million times
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Then we are ****ed.
                              afraid so. I subscribe to Doc’s theory. We gotta push tempo and take the first open look. Gilbert is being left wide open. Him not being able to make a basket is killing us.

Comment

• This is a bad match up for our offense. The starting line-up is too short all over the court and our guys with “average length” for their position have little to no-experience.

I think the second half will be better, but I doubt it will ever look pretty against Memphis

Comment

Working...
                                X