Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What current player are you most excited about?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With Ricky and Tyson, I feel like we have 2 guys capable of creating their shot in crucial times when we need a basket.

I've seen a lot of guys drive and get to the hoop. What makes Ricky different is that it seems the ball always miraculously goes IN!

That's what makes me amazed.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by apkbaum View Post

I’ve watched the bench the past couple games when the camera is on them. Seems like Chaunce is down about not playing. He stays in his seat on big plays. At one point CJack was waving at him to get out of his seat to get hype for the team. I really hope he stays and doesn’t transfer because of playing time.
      Well sometimes its difficult for young people to realize when they have an advantage. I am sure most young players are anxious to play. Playing time is important.. That's understandable. But a young talented player can really grow as a player when they are required to watch. For example Landry Shamet was reported to have said how difficult it was for him at WSU to watch during his Freshmen year. He said it was one of the most difficult times in his basketball life. I am sure he would tell you he learned so much from watching Fred and Ron play. Granted LS was hurt and was forced to watch. But watch he did and he benefited. As Yogi Berra said "You can learn a lot by watching"

Chauncey Jenkins time will come if only he has the patience to wait his turn. My gosh he is playing behind TE. In my opinion that is not a bad spot to be in. Yet I realize each man must make his own decision. I hope he stays the course. Go Shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by apkbaum View Post

I’ve watched the bench the past couple games when the camera is on them. Seems like Chaunce is down about not playing. He stays in his seat on big plays. At one point CJack was waving at him to get out of his seat to get hype for the team. I really hope he stays and doesn’t transfer because of playing time.
        That time you mention about Monzy waving to him was to get his attention because Coach Brown was putting him into the game near the end. But that doesn't necessarily negate your point.

I'm expecting we will lose a young player to transfer due to lack of playing time. It's pretty common when you have as many newcomers as we have.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

That time you mention about Monzy waving to him was to get his attention because Coach Brown was putting him into the game near the end. But that doesn't necessarily negate your point.

I'm expecting we will lose a young player to transfer due to lack of playing time. It's pretty common when you have as many newcomers as we have.
          I thought that too at first but the more I watched it over --how I perceived it--was CJack was waving at him prior to IB looking for Chaunce to come off the bench.
          I've noticed his lack of enthusiasm on the bench with each game so if he does transfer, it won't be a surprise to me. If AG decides to not come back next year, I really do hope we can keep all of our guards from this team. I would love to see what he can do for Shocker basketball!

Comment

If this was my first visit to Shockernet I would assume the player that most people are excited about would be that one guy. But thankfully he is playing for a team that is currently 1-10 overall. Lol

Go Shocks!!!
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Hopefully Mo can teach Ricky to shoot FTs very soon
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                Hopefully Mo can teach Ricky to shoot FTs very soon
                Lol. Now that is funny. RC has a good stroke at the line. He just needs to spend extra time shooting free throws. Go shocks.

Comment

Jackson is the one that needs help at the line.

Comment

What I am excited about is that we have so many choices to be excited about especially after the mass exodus of last year. On top of that we basically get an extra year for these guys to grow and develop and none of them is close to a fully finished product yet. So the upside is there to be had. Mo's work ethic this past off-season would be a great example for all these guys to follow and he needs to continue that as well.

No doubt Tyson is the alpha dog of this alpha pack. I know a lot of poster's refer to him as ETN but I'm thinking TNT fits him better. He needs to get more consistent but when he goes off its with a big bang.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 16, 2021, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      What I am excited about is that we have so many choices to be excited about especially after the mass exodus of last year. On top of that we basically get any extra year for these guys to grow and develop and none of them is close to a fully finished product yet. So the upside is their to be had. Mo's work ethic this past off-season would be a great example for all these guys to follow and he needs to continue that as well.

No doubt Tyson is the alpha dog of this alpha pack. I know a lot of poster's refer to him as ETN but I'm thinking TNT fits him better. He needs to get more consistent but when he goes off its with a big bang.
                      I agree. If we could get into the tournament and this team would get "hot" at the right time, they could go a long way in the tournament. We have a lot of shot makers, who haven't hit their ceiling yet. The only thing missing is a shot blocker, and maybe consistent rebounding although, last game hope was shown in the rebounding area.

Comment

Ricky of course

Comment

Working...
                        X