Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What current player are you most excited about?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What current player are you most excited about?

I’m most excited to see how RC4 improves his game. His ceiling seems awfully high.

I'll go with....oh, I don't know....TYSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

RCIV

Comment

All of the above

Comment

Tyson and RC4 are both good choices. I also considered Craig Porter.

I’m going to throw it back to the beginning of the season and say Clarence Jackson. If he can learn to harness his energy and talents and improve his decision making he could be another reliable weapon on offense who can score in a bunch of different ways.

Comment

C4. I think his ceiling is so freaking high that I can't wait to watch him continue to reach for it.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              C4. I think his ceiling is so freaking high that I can't wait to watch him continue to reach for it.
              C4 is quite explosive and can really raise the roof. Oh, and Ricky Council IV is pretty good, too.

Comment

I like CJ, RC IV, CP, and Trevin Wade if we are talking about new players. But I am telling you guys now I am buying stock in Chauncey Jenkins and Jayden Semour. I watched their highs school videos again because they are not playing much. I can see why our coaches went after them. Those two have a lot of talent. I see them as being underrated . They both need to put on a few pounds and gain strength. But I think they will surprise next year.

Comment

The easy answer would be Ricky or Tyson, but I’m going with Mo.

Comment

Mo. He seems to have figured it out over the last couple games.

Also high on CP2. High basketball IQ.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

MU = Jr. - It takes longer for bigs to develop.
                      TE - So - possoible 1st team all-conference, second-leading scorer in the league.
                      RC UV - Fr. Don't need to say anything more.

Council is hitting 54% of his 3's, although it's a small sample size. He is BEASTLY attacking the rim - even in traffic. He's hitting over 50% of his FG attempts. He's scoring at a pace of nearly a point a minute. He gets a lot of rebounds. He's done that in his first 10 games as a D1 player, mostly against solid D1 competition.

Both FVV and RC IV were behind seasoned veterans in their Fr season. FVV didn't touch RC IV's stats as a Fr, with the probable exception of A/To ratio, where RC IV is around -.77.

I'm going with Ricky.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Ricky, Jackson, and Porter are oozing with it for the newcomers. Ricky is special , Not comparing Jackson to X but he reminds me of X as a Fr as a high energy athlete go getter, Ricky might end up this year having the best true Fr year since maybe the bookends when you consider how he effects the game. Tyson is good really good our version of Steph Curry.

Comment

Originally posted by shelback View Post
                          Ricky, Jackson, and Porter are oozing with it for the newcomers. Ricky is special , Not comparing Jackson to X but he reminds me of X as a Fr as a high energy athlete go getter, Ricky might end up this year having the best true Fr year since maybe the bookends when you consider how he effects the game. Tyson is good really good our version of Steph Curry.
                          Ricky seems more like Mo.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Ricky seems more like Mo.
                            Mo averaged something like 13 and 5 as a freshman with 25 or so mpg. Similar strong, explosive bodies and ability to shoot or get to the rim.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                              I like CJ, RC IV, CP, and Trevin Wade if we are talking about new players. But I am telling you guys now I am buying stock in Chauncey Jenkins and Jayden Semour. I watched their highs school videos again because they are not playing much. I can see why our coaches went after them. Those two have a lot of talent. I see them as being underrated . They both need to put on a few pounds and gain strength. But I think they will surprise next year.
                              I’ve watched the bench the past couple games when the camera is on them. Seems like Chaunce is down about not playing. He stays in his seat on big plays. At one point CJack was waving at him to get out of his seat to get hype for the team. I really hope he stays and doesn’t transfer because of playing time.

Comment

Working...
                              X