Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by moshock
    Originally posted by ShockRef
    Thank Gawd for Evansville. Other than UE, WSU will be the underdog from here on out. Help is on the way and it can't get here soon enough. 8)
    I respectfully disagree...we were in and could have won both games. We didn't play good at all in either one. Drake and ISU will both contend for the championship.

We'll get better !!!!

:wsu_posters:
    I'm not sure about Drake. They're solid, but I'm still skeptical.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• What a gallant effort by our Shocks. With a win we could have said due to our depth issues--"Cut-em thin you are bound to win." Instead, we needed a calling of our guards. I'm not so sure any Shocker guard scored a field goal tonight. Our Team only scored around 5 field goals the 2nd half. The Shocks also has a 6-1/2 minute stretch that we did not score at all the 2nd half. That really hurt!!! Illinois State knew they were in a tough game though. The Shocks played hard----very very hard. Not bad at all on defense by the Shocks against a talented team and we out-rebounded them by 5. 16-24 from the free-throw line for us which was much better.

GM is dribbling way too much for a point guard. What an awesome job he does on the free-throw line. Bret M. came in and looked more like a point guard and had 1 rb and 1 assist in his first D-1 game ever. No Arbury Butler sighting tonight. PT, PF, and MG played solid. PJ missed some lay-ups that I wished he would have just dunked with his great ups. However, he played solid all-around tonight. We still are not a very good shooting team. This will have to get much better for us to win our share of Valley games.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock
        Originally posted by ShockRef
        Thank Gawd for Evansville. Other than UE, WSU will be the underdog from here on out. Help is on the way and it can't get here soon enough. 8)
        I respectfully disagree...we were in and could have won both games. We didn't play good at all in either one. Drake and ISU will both contend for the championship.

We'll get better !!!!

:wsu_posters:
        Just curious Mo, which of the next 5 do you think WSU will not be the underdog? Remember, this is a team that has trouble scoring 50 points a game. So let's see... they're @ Bradley Sat & MSU next Tuesday. Not there. Home against CU, no way. Then off to Illinois and Southern. No way there either. Home against UNI, BU & MSU. W/O MB I seriously doubt it. Off to CU (no way) and then to UE - there you go! After home w/ISU, it's off to UNI (nope) and home against Southern. No chance. A maybe @ ISU and then UE at home (yes!). Finish @ Drake and we know how that story just ended.
        Feel free to chime in - sans the rose colored glasses. 8)
        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• We shot 31% at halftime and led by 1.

We shot 28% for the game and was a three away from sending it to OT.

For how God-awful we played, if we had Matt and/or Ramon, we woulda had this one.

It's really bad to see how anemic we are, but I guess the only bright side is we didn't lose by 15+ like I thought... and the fact that we shot 28% for the game and still had a chance.

Oh well.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I'll chime in just because I'm bored now. I pretty much agree with ShockRef. The BU game could be a toss up since Ruffin is out. But other than that I wouldn't expect us to be in a position to be favored except against UE and maybe ISU blue. I also still don't think Drake is overly impressive. We may not be favored but I still think that's one we should win. And it's far enough away that things could change. But as it stands now......
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Too bad Ogirri didn't want to give it one more year in Wichita. He could've flourished even more in this system. GM would be yelling, "shoot it Sean....shout it!" everytime he touched the ball. lol
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker
                Too bad Ogirri didn't want to give it one more year in Wichita. He could've flourished even more in this system. GM would be yelling, "shoot it Sean....shout it!" everytime he touched the ball. lol
                When I was comin' home from the game, I was thinking the same thing about Ogirri. How badly is he missed..
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Since PJ was originally projected as a 2 guard this year, I really thought our depth chart and guard position would be fine. However, now with MB out, and PJ playing alot of the 3 position, we are slim. Tonight, I don't remember a Shocker guard scoring a field goal. Next year, we will have some fine guards. The year after-----watch out!!!!!!!

Comment

• During one of the timeouts I heard Kennedy or Dahl mention Murry and Kyles and how they can't wait to get them here. I believe it was at some point in the first half. They're both players that are badly needed.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Subgod22---what is cool about that is I think AJ could start at 2 (maybe 3) and Hannah should be our starting PG, we have the 2 they mentioned along with GM and WP. Now there is a crop of tough guards that can score, defend, and shoot the rock into the hoop.

Comment

• Next year should be exciting. We'll be young but fun. The way it looks Hannah will definitely start. I still hold out hope that Ellis or Griz could start at the 3 next season. Hawk could play there as well as the 2. Murry is more of a 1 but can play 2. Kyles is more of a 2 that may be able to play some 1. We could have two 7 footers. Durley will be that much better. There seems to be hope just around the corner.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Next year should be exciting. We'll be young but fun. The way it looks Hannah will definitely start. I still hold out hope that Ellis or Griz could start at the 3 next season. Hawk could play there as well as the 2. Murry is more of a 1 but can play 2. Kyles is more of a 2 that may be able to play some 1. We could have two 7 footers. Durley will be that much better. There seems to be hope just around the corner.
                          I agree with your optimism about the future. I am very interested in how AJ will play. Has anyone heard anything about how he's been performing in practice?

With that said, I'd like to see us be .500 this year. I think it's definately possible. It will be a nerve-wracking and frustrating up and down season, but I think the one who'll stress the most will be Coach Marshall. A man with a better than 65% career winning percentage has got to be feeling a little deflated. However, I don't ever doubt that he'll get us where we all want to be.

Comment

• My one comment on the game (everything else has been said):

Why are people chanting 'bandwagon' at the other team's fans? I noticed this against Drake and it made no sense then either. So the two teams are doing better than most expected... People travel with their teams. It should surprise no one.

Comment

• I feel fairly certain that both Clemente and Griskenas will be invited back next year.

Comment

• I noticed that Perry Ellis, the 8th grader, was in the house tonight. He acknowledged grad assistant Dana Ford a couple of times from a distance and then finally took a seat on the floor center court on the team side.

:D :D

Comment

Working...
                                X