Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"College Basketball Bubble Watch" - ESPN (By Eamonn Brennan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "College Basketball Bubble Watch" - ESPN (By Eamonn Brennan)

"College Basketball Bubble Watch" - ESPN (By Eamonn Brennan)

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

p.s. make sure you notice the last team on the "bubble watch list".

"If the Shockers keep taking care of business in the Missouri Valley, they'll be just fine."

and it all continues tomorrow versus a VERY challenging Missouri State. I'm just as disappointed as everyone else out there about not playing Murray State, but who knows what will happen from now until BB. The Shox can't stay bitter about playing this team and they certainly can't underestimate them.

Comment

I have a feeling our poor SOS is going to come back to haunt us come Selection Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
        I have a feeling our poor SOS is going to come back to haunt us come Selection Sunday.
        It'll have a rocket up its azz for the next four weeks and should end up in the top 50.

Comment

Our SOS is NOT that poor right now at 75. And it is only going to get better. Of our remaining 8 games, 6 are against the rpi top 100 (including one game against #15 Creighton). The other 2 are barely outside of the top 100.

Compare our SOS to all of the other so called "mid-majors" that have a chance for an at large bid: Creighton 105, St. Mary's College 114, Murry St. 236 (ouch, I think they are way overrated), Harvard 225, Middle Tennessee State 177, ORU 174, Cleveland St. 161, Iona 145, UNLV 55, San Diego St. 73, Gonzaga 70, Temple 24, Long Beach St. 69, BYU 63, St. Louis 96, New Mexico 95, Nevada 171, Akron 86, Davidson 143, Wyoming 176, Ohio 188, UCF 109, (I probably missed a couple, but this should be just about all of them, it is a pretty exhaustive list).

By the end of the season we will end up with one of the best SOS of any so called "mid-major" under at-large consideration. With our remaining schedule our SOS is only going to get better. For many of the above teams the opposite will be true.
          Last edited by shox1989; January 31, 2012, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
            Our SOS is NOT that poor right now at 75. And it is only going to get better. Of our remaining 8 games, 6 are against the rpi top 100 (including one game against #15 Creighton). The other 2 are barely outside of the top 100.

Compare our SOS to all of the other so called "mid-majors" that have a chance for an at large bid: Creighton 105, St. Mary's College 114, Murry St. 236 (ouch, I think they are way overrated), Harvard 225, Middle Tennessee State 177, ORU 174, Cleveland St. 161, Iona 145, UNLV 55, San Diego St. 73, Gonzaga 70, Temple 24, Long Beach St. 69, BYU 63, St. Louis 96, New Mexico 95, Nevada 171, Akron 86, Davidson 143, Wyoming 176, Ohio 188, UCF 109, (I probably missed a couple, but this should be just about all of them, it is a pretty exhaustive list).

By the end of the season we will end up with one of the best SOS of any so called "mid-major" under at-large consideration. With our remaining schedule our SOS is only going to get better. For many of the above teams the opposite will be true.
            It says its 96 on the site linked above. That's what I was going off of. 96 is not good. Even if it gets up there in the range of 50, that'll just be an excuse for the committee to slight us. "Their SOS wasn't as good as the other teams we felt deserved to get in." They don't compare us to other "mid majors". They want as many big conference teams in as possible and that's what we're compared to. If past years have said anything, it's that they'd rather have the 8th place ACC team or the 10th place Big East team over the 2nd place MVC team, which is where we're sitting right now.
            Last edited by XManCometh; January 31, 2012, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Capture.jpg

Here is the NCAA Nitty Gritty report. WSU SOS needs to be taken in context. Look at Murry St.

Comment

Rpiforecast.com has WSU's ending SoS at #53.

Comment

Interesting quote from the article:

Temple [15-5 (4-2), RPI: 14, SOS: 26] At first glance, Temple's best win of the season came on Jan. 4, when it handled Duke in a 78-73 victory. But a neutral-site win over Wichita State may be just as impressive

Comment

Originally posted by shoxtop View Post
                    Interesting quote from the article:
                    I thought that was a nice compliment too. Andy Katz needs to read some of the stuff the other pundits at espn are saying.

Comment

Working...
                    X