Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 NET Rankings Thread (Initial rankings 1/4/21)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Not necessarily picking on you or your comment, but I bet a lot of people on this board had the other side bigly not that long ago.

I'm not even giving this a second thought as of today. This team controls it's destiny. If they go 1-4 against UH, SMU, Memphis they don't deserve to get in, and if they win these games, they will get in. These guys aren't going to be left out if they deserve to be in. Not worried.
    I know I was in the other side bigly. Would WSU be third in the MVC this year? Probably not. Do we know for sure? No. Let the sun shine on that dogs ass and be happy for them.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

WSU is 10-4 in division 1 games and has played 1 quad 4 game. We are #78 in the NET. The 77 teams ahead of WSU have played approximately 18.5 D-1 games and 4 quad 4 games. I wonder what our NET would be if WSU was 13-4 with 3 more blowout quad 4 games. I have always thought it makes more sense when comparing records among teams that all quad 4 wins and losses and quad 3 losses should be subtracted from a teams # of wins. Doing that, WSU would be 9-4. Drake would be 8-2 and Loyola would be 8-4. Analyze those games. Eliminate the fluff of quad 4 games. Should WSU go out and buy 3 quad 4 games to improve their NET, BPI and Kenpom ratings? It seems silly, but when you compare other teams ratings by those metrics to WSU’s, it makes you wonder.

ESPN has WSU’s strength of record (SOR)at #48, strength of schedule (SOS) #96 and quality game record of 1-2. Loyola is 0-2 and Drake is 1-1. Quality games are against the BPI top 50. WSU’s BPI is 114. There are 34 teams ranked ahead of WSU that have a SOS >96 AND a SOR>48. 11 teams in the BPI top 50 have a SOR lower than WSU’s 48. CBS still publishes RPI. WSU’s is 34. With a win over Houston, if winning matters, WSU is going to be tough to ignore. BPI gets more attention but when ESPN ranks resumes it does it by SOR.

Reasons to hope despite our rebounding difficulties. Compared to last year, we are improved in out scoring our opponents on points off turnovers and from the free throw line. Our field goal defense is very good also despite all the 2nd shots. Hopefully a 4 game trend will continue involving Gilbert, Dennis and Wade. Each of them has improved their field goal percentage from approximately 30% to 40% and effective field goal percentage from 40% to 50%. The 5 starters are averaging 61 points a game in those 4 games compared to 52 for the season. Small improvements in all areas can make a big difference. Udeze’s turnovers drive us crazy, but did you know that if you add his 20 turnovers to his 58 shots taken starting with the Mississippi game, 9 games, he would still be shooting 52%. 41 shots made out of 78 shots & turnovers. Another reason to hope is Dexter’s individual defense against the other teams’ stars. Can he hold Grimes to a below par game? One final reason is that Tyson hasn’t had consecutive poor scoring games. The last 2 times he scored less than 10 he came back with his two 29 point games.

Comment

Anyone else notice we got a vote in the most recent AP poll?

Comment

Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
          Anyone else notice we got a vote in the most recent AP poll?
          After we beat Houston and ECU we might get 2!

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

That would be very tragic. It seems I read on here the other day that there are only 2 other conferences that have all their teams in the Top-100 (or maybe Top-150). Logic would say that bodes well for the AAC to get multiple bids. If the league finishes that way and doesn't get multiple bids...well...I suppose the P5 bias rears it's ugly head again.
            It was the Top-150. Both Temple (158) and Tulane (151) have fallen out of the top 150. But these two are better than the bottom of all the other conferences minus the Big 10 and SEC. Our three conferences are also the only three conferences without a Q4 loss.

Get NCAA college basketball rankings from the Associated Press, USA Today Coaches poll and the NCAA NET Rankings.

Comment

Jumped about 10 spots to 68 in the NET.

Houston down 3 to 8

That's a tourney Level Resume IMO

WSUNet.JPG

Oh and for reference, here is Drakes, who everyone still thinks is in ...

Drake.JPG

Comment

If we can climb another 8 spots in kenpom, we will catch 7-13 Kentucky.

Comment

One other thing of note. Our 2 Q4 games are

Temple: 161
                  Oral Roberts 185

To become Q3 games they need to be Top 160. Temple has a good shot at ending Top 160. Oral Roberts has an outside chance with 4 games left to move to Q3 also. We could realistically end up with 1 Q4 game and possibly none.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    Jumped about 10 spots to 68 in the NET.

Houston down 3 to 8

That's a tourney Level Resume IMO

WSUNet.JPG

Oh and for reference, here is Drakes, who everyone still thinks is in ...

Drake.JPG
                    The NET is definitely broken this season. With games in the non-con, full tourneys, and conference matchups being shuffled around (or lost).

Outside the Quad 2 measurement, WSU is stronger in every way. Maybe that Q2 means that much.
                    The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

The NET is definitely broken this season. With games in the non-con, full tourneys, and conference matchups being shuffled around (or lost).

Outside the Quad 2 measurement, WSU is stronger in every way. Maybe that Q2 means that much.
                      It has to be WSU home losses and their NET Efficiency holding them back.

Comment

As of now, our Shockers (13-4) are #73 in kenpom. Just behind Mississippi State (12-11) and just in front of Northwestern (6-14). .....woohoo

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                          As of now, our Shockers (13-4) are #73 in kenpom. Just behind Mississippi State (12-11) and just in front of Northwestern (6-14). .....woohoo
                          I just don’t get it

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

I just don’t get it
                            We aren’t that efficient and extremely lucky.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Ludicrous, isn't it?
                              We deserve far better.
                              Yet another screw job.

We probably will make it, but it is totally wrong that we have this struggle year in and year out.
                              It shouldn't be this uncertain based on pedigree and result.

Need to go back to the drawing board on this system.

Comment

winning close games is good but margin of victory would help the net.

Comment

Working...
                                X