Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 NET Rankings Thread (Initial rankings 1/4/21)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2021 NET Rankings Thread (Initial rankings 1/4/21)

    2/11/21 Update

    https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basket...l-net-rankings

    1-21 / 2-11
    5 / 5 Houston
    56 / 57 SMU
    112 / 61 Memphis
    59 / 73 WSU
    75 / 113 UCF
    79 / 114 Tulsa
    118 / 121 Cincy
    122 / 133 South Florida
    129 / 143 ECU
    110 / 154 Temple
    189 / 160 Tulane


    WSUs Record

    Q1 (1-2)
    Wins:
    56 @Ole Miss


    Losses
    5 @ Houston
    34 Missouri


    Q2 (3-2)
    Wins:
    113 @ UCF
    114 @Tulsa
    133 @South Florida

    Losses:
    34 Missouri
    42 Oklahoma State

    Q3: (5-0)
    Wins
    113 UCF
    114 Tulsa
    118 Cincy
    154 Temple
    160 Tulane

    Losses

    Q4: (1-0)
    Wins
    197 Oral Roberts

    Losses


    Upcoming Games

    @SMU - Q1
    Memphis- Q2
    ECU - Q3 (maybe x2)
    Houston- Q1
    SMU - Q2

    1/21 Stats
    NET 73
    RPI 34
    SOS 46
    KP 81
    Last edited by Stickboy46; 2 weeks ago.

  • #2
    Fun Tidbit:

    Lowest 10 Rated NET teams from Major 7 (P5 + AAC + BE)

    160 Tulane (AAC)
    169 Notre Dame (ACC)
    170 Butler (BE)
    177 Vanderbilt (SEC)
    186 Nebraska (Big 10)
    193 California (Pac 12)
    198 Oregon St (Pac 12)
    203 K-State (Big 12)
    209 Iowa St (Big 12)

    237 Washington (Pac 12)

    So Every Major conference has at least 1 team with a NET ranking lower than the AAC's lowest. The Pac 12 with a whopping 3 ... including one with "all star" talent and leadership

    Comment


    • #3
      Looks like Washington and UNI are fighting it out for an at large bid.

      Comment


      • #4
        Updated 1/11/21

        Yesterday's game helped Cincy more than it did us.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          Updated 1/11/21

          Yesterday's game helped Cincy more than it did us.
          Was this strictly due to our game with Cincy or was it for the week where we lost @Houston and they won @SMU? They had 2 road games.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

            Was this strictly due to our game with Cincy or was it for the week where we lost @Houston and they won @SMU? They had 2 road games.
            Day to Day update from Yesterday to today

            Wichita State: 64->64
            Cincy: 107->105

            So the game didn't really help us but helped Cincy. Probably due to how close the game ended up. If we could have cleaned up the last 4 minutes and won by 10+ we likely would have gained a bit more.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

              Day to Day update from Yesterday to today

              Wichita State: 64->64
              Cincy: 107->105

              So the game didn't really help us but helped Cincy. Probably due to how close the game ended up. If we could have cleaned up the last 4 minutes and won by 10+ we likely would have gained a bit more.
              Thanks.

              Comment


              • #8
                We jumped up to 54 after that win. I'll update the OP later. Officially in bubble territory.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Updated 1/14

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Updated 1/15 due to some movement all around. Temple jumps up after the win vs UCF and UCF drops. WSU moves to Top 50

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Updated 1/21 - WSU has fallen 9 spots in the last 5 days without playing. Tulsa has fallen out of the Top 75 costing us a Q1 win and moving the home game to Q3. UCF is now borderline Q1/Q2.

                      We really need to throttle some of the lower end competition to bump up the raw NET score because there aren't a lot of good opportunities left.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        There are only 4 conferences where every team is above 200 in NET. AAC, ACC, Big 10 and SEC.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                          There are only 4 conferences where every team is above 200 in NET. AAC, ACC, Big 10 and SEC.
                          The Big 12, Big East, and A 10 are doing better than our conference with more top tier teams, but doing worse at the bottom. However, I don't know if it would help us to have more games and beat them all (those below us helping us or not). Beating Houston should help us but there is no sense why our conference is doing so poorly when the bottom of our conference has significantly improved this year.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            WSU NET went from 59 to 70 after last night loss. WSU KenPom went from 79 to 70.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                              WSU NET went from 59 to 70 after last night loss. WSU KenPom went from 79 to 70.
                              Weird. Seeing how our NET goes down when we win, I figured it’d go way up with that L.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.
                              ________________
                              "Enjoy the ride."

                              - a smart man

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X