Wichita State vs. #11 Houston Pregame Discussion 1-6-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
    Just hoping we stay relatively close and we can end the night with a good loss. But, there is always hope, no matter the odds. So Never Give Up!
    This is a game that could MAKE but not break the season IMO. A win would be amazing ... a loss isn't going to move the needle either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

This is a game that could MAKE but not break the season IMO. A win would be amazing ... a loss isn't going to move the needle either way.
      it's a measuring stick for sure.

Comment

https://youtu.be/rXEgnMuMjBw

Video of Kelvin Sampson's Media time prior to this game. Talks about WSU early on in the video and how he sees WSU is different this year vs last year.
        Not a surprise but he is spot on with his analysis of our team. I think we give them a battle and it comes down to rebounding. We can’t win if they get multiple shots off of offensive rebounds. I like our chances. I really really like our team. I just wish Jo B could have gotten more playing time against Ole Miss. I am predicting a 3 point win.

We also play a zone 50 percent of the game.

Comment

Has the crew working the game been announced yet? That will determine how the game goes.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post

Not a surprise but he is spot on with his analysis of our team. I think we give them a battle and it comes down to rebounding. We can’t win if they get multiple shots off of offensive rebounds. I like our chances. I really really like our team. I just wish Jo B could have gotten more playing time against Ole Miss. I am predicting a 3 point win.

We also play a zone 50 percent of the game.
            I've always liked KS and the way he builds his teams. Tough, hard nosed, and play hard. The biter notwithstanding.

Comment

Good God! Houston is #11? Did their program trajectory just go parabolic the exact same night after we beat them like a rented mule?

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                Good God! Houston is #11? Did their program trajectory just go parabolic the exact same night after we beat them like a rented mule?

On second thought... watching that video was not the best idea... I got triggered by no less than 6 people: Marshall (gone), Morris (dick), Frankamp (drunk), McDuffie (fizzle), Shamet (defenseless) Reaves (turncoat), and ManBun (douchnozzle).....
                Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; January 5, 2021, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

That’s a good observation. That seems to be when the “turn” happened.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I hear Washington is a good landing spot for unappreciated studs.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

https://youtu.be/rXEgnMuMjBw

Video of Kelvin Sampson's Media time prior to this game. Talks about WSU early on in the video and how he sees WSU is different this year vs last year.
                        KS anaylsis between last year's team and this year's tream:

1. Better bench: Council, Jackson, Porter
                        2. Able to break you down and get into the lane. Last year unable to do so.
                        3. Better offensive rebounding team, play hard, tougher team. Closest team they've played that plays like UH.

Based on our athleticism we have a better chance to win this year, hopefully our bigs don't give up a ton of offensive rebounds and we should be in the game.

At the end of the day, between players transferring, Covid, GM investigation/coaching change these coaches have done an amazing job to even be talking about having a chance to win.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I hear Washington is a good landing spot for unappreciated studs.
                          grass is greenest where it’s watered

Comment

Someone call up *******!!
                            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

grass is greenest where it’s watered
                              The Process probably went to the Board of Wisdom for that one.

If anyone remembers that site, it was basically the easiest place where you could find any passive aggressive and/or vague meaningless sayings to put in your social media profile back in the mid 2000s.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I’m really excited to watch this game tomorrow night. One thing I noticed that IB said in his press conference yesterday was how aggressive Houston’s bigs are on icing/trapping ball screens and doubling in the post. We had no idea how to handle that sort of pressure last year and that’s where we got overwhelmed and turned the ball over. I’m interested to see what IB does in response.

I also think this game comes down to rebounding the ball. I know I’m preaching to the choir here but we gotta be 10x better on the glass to give ourselves a chance.

Hope we can get it done, I’m loving how we’re playing this year and the job IB is doing with these guys

Comment

Working...
                                X