No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. #11 Houston Pregame Discussion 1-6-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no doubt Trey and CJ will help on the boards, and DD's gonna hit it hard too. Will it be enough? Maybe.

Comment

AG gives us a few points for being a real PG, something we haven’t had the past few years. We need Dex to have a good game and get some production out of the post.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Simple. Just shoot 100% on the night and there will be nothing for Houston to rebound on our offensive end. Make Houston shoot 30+ footers all night so our guards can be the ones scrapping for the 20' clankers on the defensive end. Problem solved.
        This is almost as brilliant and effective as the poster who observed that when WSU scores more points than their opponent, they win every game.

You two better start writing your resignation letters to your current employers so you'll be ready when AD _________ comes knocking!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

This is almost as brilliant and effective as the poster who observed that when WSU scores more points than their opponent, they win every game.

You two better start writing your resignation letters to your current employers so you'll be ready when AD _________ comes knocking!
          Did you just? Did you? Did you just fill-in-the-blank our AD?

Ouch!
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Did you just? Did you? Did you just fill-in-the-blank our AD?

Ouch!
            Ummmm . . . maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
              I have no doubt Trey and CJ will help on the boards, and DD's gonna hit it hard too. Will it be enough? Maybe.
              Don’t forget about Ricky Council. He might have overtaken Clarence Jackson as the best rebounder of the newcomers.

Comment

So looking at team stats ... was a little bit surprised at the numbers...

WSU averages more ppg, more assists and is basically equal on the boards and FG%. I did not think any of those would be true.

Now Houston has a HUGE advantage on the defensive end. But i figured they would average more boards and assists than us for sure.

filedata/fetch?id=1271351&d=1609865010&type=thumb
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

WSU averages more ppg, more assists and is basically equal on the boards and FG%. I did not think any of those would be true.

Now Houston has a HUGE advantage on the defensive end. But i figured they would average more boards and assists than us for sure.

Wow, had no clue. Looking forward to tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

We played 2 Non D1s

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

You two better start writing your resignation letters to your current employers so you'll be ready when AD _Gregg Marshall________ comes knocking!

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

We played 2 Non D1s
                        They also played kp347 Alcorn State and 309 Lamar. We'll call it even.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Don’t forget about Ricky Council. He might have overtaken Clarence Jackson as the best rebounder of the newcomers.
                          7 boards last Saturday

Comment

Ole Miss has the 14 ranked defense right now per KenPom. Houston is 7. On paper that would suggest that Saturday was a good primer for Wednesday and that we might be able to score against a great Houston defense.

However, I looked at the last two years with Kermit as their coach and Ole Miss was nowhere near the top 50 in defensive efficiency rankings, let alone top 20. Houston on the other hand has been solidly in the top 15 the last three years.

I honestly have no idea why Ole Miss is ranked where they are on KP at this point. They’re 5-3 and don’t have a particularly notable win. They were 103 last year so it’s not like they’re still riding that wave.

Comment

Video of Kelvin Sampson's Media time prior to this game. Talks about WSU early on in the video and how he sees WSU is different this year vs last year.

Comment

Just hoping we stay relatively close and we can end the night with a good loss. But, there is always hope, no matter the odds. So Never Give Up!

Comment

Working...
                                X