No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. Ole Miss Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’ll bet a couple of former coaches were very proud tonight...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
      It seems like there are a lot of 6'8" centers, like Ole Miss's today.
      we can monitor how many teams we see or play against that play 6’8 Centers. Miss. Has been mentioned, Tulsa, Houston so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        I’ll bet a couple of former coaches were very proud tonight...

I told a friend tonight that Tyson might hit Fred/Ron territory on beloved status. Not just ability but seemingly being a good dude. He just gets it.

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

I told a friend tonight that Tyson might hit Fred/Ron territory on beloved status. Not just ability but seemingly being a good dude. He just gets it.
          I'm sure he will be remembered as the one that stayed..I know I will always remember him for standing tall while others left.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
            It seems like there are a lot of 6'8" centers, like Ole Miss's today. But I hear what you are saying
            Those other 6’8 centers are better at getting the ball on missed shots. We often seem glued to a guy, not in great position, and unable to go get it with 2-hands. Make it consistently harder on ourselves than it needs to be.

Comment

• There are some vocal players and coaches, and then there is TE. Dude was talking (not chirping) the ENTIRE game. He is going to be a coach some day.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by top20shock View Post
                Umm, this team should have pounded Ole Miss. WSU didn’t play smart going down the stretch. They are just better ball players. Not impressed.
                Sounds like a summary from your wife last night.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by top20shock View Post
                  Umm, this team should have pounded Ole Miss. WSU didn’t play smart going down the stretch. They are just better ball players. Not impressed.

Sort of see where you're coming from. Seemingly all the highlights were Etienne bombing away from outside. A little more scoring balance from the frontline would have been nice to see. Karl Hall was a 6-8 power forward who could effectively play the 5 due to his athleticism, length, and courage. At times it looked like he was going to get killed out there [Ohio State ] . No frontline player on this team is quite up to that standard.
                  Last edited by N Crestway; January 3, 2021, 02:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

Sort of see where you're coming from. Seemingly all the highlights were Etienne bombing away from outside. A little more scoring balance from the frontline would have been nice to see. Karl Hall was a 6-8 power forward who could effectively play the 5 due to his athleticism, length, and courage. At times it looked like he was going to get killed out there [Ohio State ] . No frontline player on this team is quite up to that standard.
                    I'm not sure how you can sell this game as a being about over-reliance on the 3 by WSU, given that we attempted 6 fewer 3s than Ole Miss (while making the same number) and got to the line 26 times (6 more than Ole Miss). We also shot 57.6% from 2 point range compared to Ole Miss's 47.5%. The only two areas you can really criticize are the turnovers (16 for WSU to 9 for Ole Miss, although Ole Miss is good at creating turnovers) and offensive rebounding (9 for WSU to 15 for Ole Miss). On top of that, Tyson shot 60% from 2 point range, 50% from 3 point range, and 53.3% overall (plus 88.9% from the line), so it wasn't like he was getting his points at the expense of efficiency.

If the analysis was over-reliance on a single player who shot well from 3, it would apply far more to Schuler from Ole Miss. He went 6-12 from 3 and had 20 points, but only when 1 for 7 from two point range to lower his overall fg% to just 36.8 even with the stellar 50% 3 point shooting. This shows up on the plus minus where Tyson was +10 as our leading scorer (best of all players), but Schuler was -4 as their leading scorer (worst mark for any Ole Miss starter and worse than all but two bench players).
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• First off, Ole Miss is one of the best teams in the country at forcing turnovers. Secondly, we had several guys step up and hit huge shots down the stretch: the 3 by Porter, the 3 by Trey Wade and the corner 2 by Dex. We have a lot of guys that can make plays on top of Tyson being the sniper. A lot of years we have guys on here complaining that we don’t have a “go to” guy like some of the team we play. Well, now we have one and people still complain.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                        There are some vocal players and coaches, and then there is TE. Dude was talking (not chirping) the ENTIRE game. He is going to be a coach some day.
                        I hope not. I hope he has a long and prosperous NBA career.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

You didn't watch the game? The highlights should have been the aggressive play of our guards driving to the hoop. That's what turned the tide of this game.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• With the long athletic team that Miss is and with the Constant pressure they apply away from the basket on the perimeter, they force guards to drive and make plays, and turnovers too. They hedge the perimeter screens as good as anyone. So much so, that TE preferred to take his defender one on one.

We were just fortunate that TE was hitting his outside shots yesterday, even better than he usually does. Because, he forced the guy guarding him to come away from the basket and then he could drive too.

Comment

• Sorry for my 9 month absence. I’m sure you all missed me. So what happened since March? Haha, just kidding.

Great win. This is ETN team in case you haven’t figured that out by now.

Comment

• From the Jackson Clarion-Ledger: Sports | The Clarion-Ledger

I couldn't find an actual post-game story.

Comment

Working...
                                X