No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. Ole Miss Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are definitely playing better team ball on offense. When we penetrate the cutters are getting open for passes and easier buckets.

Comment

• Comment

• I don't care if out centers rebound, but they have to put a body on someone and they're not. In the past, one of the reasons are best rebounders have been perimeter players is because our bigs blocked the **** out. Sure, if they can get boards too it's a plus, but they're letting guys go right by them or stand next to them and don't even attempt to box out.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Comment

• I don't know if the above quoted post inlcudes a link to a tweet. All I see is "Originally posted y wichshock65

This is a quote of his post #332 which appears as a blank post to me.

However, when I clicked on Quote I could see the link to a tweet between [Quote] and [Tweet] brackets.

I don't have a Twitter account but maybe the banned me anyway.

Comment

• Local embarrassment, Jeffrey Parson, claiming on Twitter that WSU fans “with perspective” are conflicted about cheering for wins this year.

I’d say WSU fans old enough to remember the 90’s, or earlier eras when success was hard to come by, appreciate every single win.

Any WSU fan old enough to remember 2020 when we lost our hall of fame coach two weeks before a season that many people doubted would even happen appreciates every win.

The coaching stuff will sort itself out in due time. Right now we’re 6-2, 2-0 in conference, coming off three straight road wins. If you’re conflicted about that then maybe the term WSU fan doesn’t apply to you.

Comment

• On the whole, we boxed out much better this game. Surprise, surprise we won the rebounding battle.

I didn’t keep an actual tally but I thought Monzy and Council were the two biggest culprits of missed check outs. Ricky might be the best ball getter on the team and Monzy is also tenacious on the boards but they could both help the team even more by simply turning around and getting a body on a rebounder every possession.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                  Local embarrassment, Jeffrey Parson, claiming on Twitter that WSU fans “with perspective” are conflicted about cheering for wins this year.

I’d say WSU fans old enough to remember the 90’s, or earlier eras when success was hard to come by, appreciate every single win.

Any WSU fan old enough to remember 2020 when we lost our hall of fame coach two weeks before a season that many people doubted would even happen appreciates every win.

The coaching stuff will sort itself out in due time. Right now we’re 6-2, 2-0 in conference, coming off three straight road wins. If you’re conflicted about that then maybe the term WSU fan doesn’t apply to you.
                  Makes sense, hope we win enough games that there is a choice to be made

Comment

• Just keep winning!

Comment

• So, WSU wins a pretty big road game against an SEC foe and Bob and Jeff show doesn’t talk about it? I only ever tune in for their WSU segments of the podcast version of the show. Usually it lists the segment as “WSU talk” but then they spend 12 minutes bickering about what kind of pants Barry Gibb wore on the Ed Sullivan show in 1972 and then one minute of, “WSU won a game. What does it mean? Well I don’t know. We’ll be right back to discuss the 1947 Boys State All Star game with ace pitcher Ken Wadslow.”

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                        So, WSU wins a pretty big road game against an SEC foe and Bob and Jeff show doesn’t talk about it? I only ever tune in for their WSU segments of the podcast version of the show. Usually it lists the segment as “WSU talk” but then they spend 12 minutes bickering about what kind of pants Barry Gibb wore on the Ed Sullivan show in 1972 and then one minute of, “WSU won a game. What does it mean? Well I don’t know. We’ll be right back to discuss the 1947 Boys State All Star game with ace pitcher Ken Wadslow.”

FalseEquivalent.jpg

I accidentally listened to the their show yesterday. They gave the Shocks about 5 minutes, and during the show said the only College Game they've watched all the way through this year was a, you guessed it, Chicken Hawk game. Maybe sometime this week they'll talk NFL playoffs and just might even spend more than 5 minutes talking about a certain Championship game next Monday night that looks to be a pretty decent match-up (how in the hell did the Irish make the F4), but I won't know it because I ain't gonna' be listening, even if we beat Houston.
                        Last edited by ShockingButTrue; January 5, 2021, 05:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

FalseEquivalent.jpg

I accidentally listened to the their show yesterday. They gave the Shocks about 5 minutes, and during the show said the only College Game they've watched all the way through this year was a, you guessed it, Chicken Hawk game. Maybe sometime this week they'll talk NFL playoffs and just might even spend more than 5 minutes talking about a certain Championship game next Monday night that looks to be a pretty decent match-up (how in the hell did the Irish make the F4), but I won't know it because I ain't gonna' be listening, even if we beat Houston.
                          It's too bad, Wichita needs and deserves an afternoon drive-time sports talk show. Bruce and Shane do a good job in the morning, but they are a little late time wise for me.

Comment

• I know there is concern about Udeze and Poor Bear combining for two rebounds against Ole Miss.

It is interesting to note that despite that we still out rebounded them by 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

It's too bad, Wichita needs and deserves an afternoon drive-time sports talk show. Bruce and Shane do a good job in the morning, but they are a little late time wise for me.
                              Precisely stated.

Sometimes I believe those guys would rather talk anything but (re. intentionally) what interests Wichita listeners because, hey, it's Wichita. Do their advertisers enjoy paying for that? Oh, wait...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Precisely stated.

Sometimes I believe those guys would rather talk anything but (re. intentionally) what interests Wichita listeners because, hey, it's Wichita. Do their advertisers enjoy paying for that? Oh, wait...
                                Not to mention when they got into their political garbage over the summer. I know it turned a lot of people (advertisers too) off. Horrible radio strategy.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X