Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. Newman Game Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Shockm View Post

    If IB wants the head coaching job, he needs to hold strong on his demands.
    I almost always agree with you but I’m pretty sure IHCIB not worried about whether we think he’s holding his players to accountability on every single play... but thdd as that’s just me....

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

      I almost always agree with you but I’m pretty sure IHCIB not worried about whether we think he’s holding his players to accountability on every single play... but thdd as that’s just me....
      I guess my question would be.........Have you ever seen him hold someone accountable for their stupid mistakes? I don’t remember the time (maybe not all the time, but at least Some). We don’t have the kind of talent to bypass the little things like screening out , and rebounding, poor shot decisions, not getting on the floor for loose balls, etc. Those little things will win games against better teams. We usually play hard but that’s not all there is to winning. Udeze shouldn’t be averaging only 2.7 rebounds, and Poor Bear only 2.8 rebounds for example.

      Comment


      • #63
        Holding players accountable doesn't require that they be benched for a mistake. There are other ways to hold players accountable. a coach doesn't have to show fans that he's holding players accountable by doing things that fans see.

        There may be some benefit from not embarrassing players in front of fans and on TV. Holding them accountable without putting that on public display might be better received by players than having TV cameras follow them to the bench with the announcers describing their mistake.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

        Comment


        • #64
          Bilau is coming off an off season knee injury. Seems more likely they are just taking it easy with him than something to worry about.

          Comment


          • #65
            I thought Chauncey Jenkins and Jayden Seymour both looked improved. We have a lot of guys who can play so it’s going to be tough to get everyone as many minutes as they want but they look like they can contribute something as the year goes on.

            Comment


            • #66
              Jenkins quite a bit of point at the end. He didn’t look completely lost.

              Comment


              • #67
                Lol

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                  Bilau is coming off an off season knee injury. Seems more likely they are just taking it easy with him than something to worry about.
                  Is this an injury from last year or an offseason injury? I thought Mike Kennedy has said numerous times that he was injured all or on and off last year so he was redshirted. Maybe they are just taking it easy with him but chronic injuries aren't a good sign.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    Holding players accountable doesn't require that they be benched for a mistake. There are other ways to hold players accountable. a coach doesn't have to show fans that he's holding players accountable by doing things that fans see.

                    There may be some benefit from not embarrassing players in front of fans and on TV. Holding them accountable without putting that on public display might be better received by players than having TV cameras follow them to the bench with the announcers describing their mistake.
                    Well I don't need to see the accountability, but hopefully whoever hires a new coach can see it. All I see right now is that the players play hard for him most of the time ( I've seen a player just standing, instead of diving on the court for a loose ball several times, and I see several players who don't go after rebounds very well) and seem to like him. If the coach says that screening out and not rebounding is a point of emphasis and he is going to hold players accountable, but noting happens, I'm not sure the point. I'm sure he talks about it during game review.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Shockm View Post

                      Is this an injury from last year or an offseason injury? I thought Mike Kennedy has said numerous times that he was injured all or on and off last year so he was redshirted. Maybe they are just taking it easy with him but chronic injuries aren't a good sign.
                      Not sure. I only know that he had surgery on his knee in the offseason. Not all surgeries are created equal but it doesn’t surprise me that they’re being cautious.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

                        Not sure. I only know that he had surgery on his knee in the offseason. Not all surgeries are created equal but it doesn’t surprise me that they’re being cautious.
                        If you are right, that's not good. He can use all of the playing time he can get, and we need his depth (therefore he needs to improve). I still think he has the potential to be a top player (maybe even a starter) if he can get the experience and show improvement..

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by Shockm View Post

                          Is this an injury from last year or an offseason injury? I thought Mike Kennedy has said numerous times that he was injured all or on and off last year so he was redshirted. Maybe they are just taking it easy with him but chronic injuries aren't a good sign.
                          He had surgery over the summer to remove a "fatty tumor" that was located right above his knee. Every time they have held him out they have said it because he has been experiencing swelling from practice, but he would be available for real opponents.

                          I also believe HCIB on his coaches or pregame show a few weeks ago said he was only at 80%. If that is the case, I would not expect him to be able to be counted on. He probably needs the offseason to properly rehab his injury and get fully healed.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

                            He had surgery over the summer to remove a "fatty tumor" that was located right above his knee. Every time they have held him out they have said it because he has been experiencing swelling from practice, but he would be available for real opponents.

                            I also believe HCIB on his coaches or pregame show a few weeks ago said he was only at 80%. If that is the case, I would not expect him to be able to be counted on. He probably needs the offseason to properly rehab his injury and get fully healed.
                            Was the fatty tumor the injury that was holding him back and became the reason for redshirting? From a layman's POV, a fatty tumor doesn't seem that dangerous.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by Shockm View Post

                              Was the fatty tumor the injury that was holding him back and became the reason for redshirting? From a layman's POV, a fatty tumor doesn't seem that dangerous.
                              That was what they reported over the summer - there is likely more going on than they are actually saying. They also said he didn't get back to the U.S. to get it rehab, so that may be leading to the problems he is having now, or it could be something completely new - Idk. But sometimes you have to have surgery to fix the surgery you had.

                              But, again with HCIB saying he is only at 80% - that not going to get fixed in season. How much he plays will likely be due to his pain tolerance and how his body handles the rigors of the schedule.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Surely there are some types of knee braces that would help. Secondly, when he comes in play a
                                2-2-1 or 1-3-1 zone limiting the space he has to cover just within 4-6 feet of the basket. When we
                                fast break have him remain back like Ralph Miller had his big men do to protect breaks back the
                                other way. Should be able to get 10-15 quality minutes a game out of him this way.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X