Vote for Kyles in the State Farm College Slam Dunk & 3-Point Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote for Kyles in the State Farm College Slam Dunk & 3-Point Championships

College Slam Dunk & 3-Point Championships. 46,629 likes · 220 talking about this. The State Farm College Slam Dunk & 3-Point Championships are held annually in conjunction with the N

Vote on Facebook for Kyles to be part of the Slam Dunk & 3 Point Championships.
    Last edited by _ShockU_; January 29, 2012, 10:20 PM.

I'm not convinced that Kyles getting votes in this would be the best thing right now. The timing on this is horrible. Do it in April.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      I'm not convinced that Kyles getting votes in this would be the best thing right now. The timing on this is horrible. Do it in April.
      Maybe it will motivate him to drive and dunk on people rather than go 0/a million from the 3-point line.

Comment

You cant be serious.

Comment

The event takes place in April.

Comment

Last time I looked, he was still a Shocker. Since when do we not support our players?

Comment

I put the team ahead of individuals. I think something like this could be a distraction for Kyles. In dunking contests at Shocker Madness, Kyles has shown a tendency to showboat. I know he was opposed to Marshall eliminating the dunk contest this year. Kyles doesn't need anything to encourage him to focus on himself.

Comment

We as a forum have said he doesn't drive enough.

Then we talk about how he shouldn't have a highlight video of him dunking, so he doesn't "showboat."

Doesn't make sense.
                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                  Last time I looked, he was still a Shocker. Since when do we not support our players?
                  Yeah the replies to this thread are a bit mind-boggling to me.
                  ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

He doesn't drive enough. He doesn't drive at all. He gets his dunks off screens and passes, or in transition. I don't see how getting votes for a contest would change his lack of either ability or desire to drive to the hoop after 3-1/2 years.

The last thing Kyles needs is any excuse to focus on himself. His performance at Drake leads me to believe he may already have too much focus on his own game. Contests like this can lead to a player looking for highlights instead of performing their role on the team.

This contest is not going to "fix" his driving to the hoop. In addition to criticism for not driving, there's also been some discussion of a "hero complex" on the team. A contest like this can make that worse.

Kyles has more important things to worry about than checking out how many votes he's getting and then, maybe, trying to figure out how to get more.

I would have no hesitation of absolute support and encouragement, if the voting were done in the off-season - particularly after eligibility is used up. I'm opposed to this because of the impact it can have on a player in the middle of a fight to get into the NCAA's.

Comment

He doesn't drive enough. He doesn't drive at all. He gets his dunks off screens and passes, or in transition. I don't see how getting votes for a contest would change his lack of either ability or desire to drive to the hoop after 3-1/2 years.

The last thing Kyles needs is any excuse to focus on himself. His performance at Drake leads me to believe he may already have too much focus on his own game. Contests like this can lead to a player looking for highlights instead of performing their role on the team.

This contest is not going to "fix" his driving to the hoop. In addition to criticism for not driving, there's also been some discussion of a "hero complex" on the team. A contest like this can make that worse.

Kyles has more important things to worry about than checking out how many votes he's getting and then, maybe, trying to figure out how to get more.

I would have no hesitation of absolute support and encouragement, if the voting were done in the off-season - particularly after eligibility is used up. I'm opposed to this because of the impact it can have on a player in the middle of a fight to get into the NCAA's.
                      I'm a big fan of your posts, but I think you might be 180 degrees out of phase on this one. Kyles appears to have the same _confidence_ problem he always has had. I think he tried his *** off the last game and just doesn't have the confidence to be the guy that "makes the play". If I am wrong, then you are right. But if I am right, then entering a contest like this could help him regain his confidence and be a very positive thing for his play.

What makes me think it's a confidence problem:

1) When other players f-up he doesn't start barking (like a couple other show boaters on our team),
                      2) When he's on defense he never lets up. He's tenacious. It doesn't mean he's always in the right place, at the right time, but he's always working his *** off,
                      3) He doesn't shoot rock after rock when there is someone else in the game willing and capable of doing that.

None of those key things describes a show-boater mentality. Now if I am wrong, I am wrong. Maybe others standing closer to the team can give an indication if Kyles has ever displayed a "me" attitude. I certainly have never seen anything like it. I have only seen game-time confidence issues and over-thinking his shots, but again, I may be blind and only seeing what I want to see.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Oh and you can bet your sweet arses I'll be voting like crazy for him, should he decide to apply.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Man I couldn't disagree more with this post. If anything he defers too much which knocks him out of rythym and then he has a hard time getting back into the flow. Saturday he started jacking shots once other teammates fouled out, starting forgetting how to catch the ball, or started throwning alley opp passes off the backboard. He constantly is a positive influence on his teammates and probably serves the role as a healthy personality balance to guys like Ragland and TM.

Comment

How exactly do I vote? Is voting up yet?

Comment

Why would a 38% shooter be invited?
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X