• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Is this still on ESPN+? I would assume so?

Leave a comment:

• SB Shock
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Don’t worry. Darron Boatright is on this. He can work wonders.
    Yeah, we can see how much on the ball he is right now. At least he saving the program on long distance phone bill.

Leave a comment:

• SB Shock
    replied
    Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

12/2 - ORU
    12/6 - Mizzou
    12/12 - OSU
    12/15 - Tulsa
    12/18 - Emporia
    12/22 - USF
    Christmas
    12/30 - ECU/Newman

Where would you propose picking up another game in that schedule? Keep in mind we didn’t have a full team to practice until after the Mizzou game and even then the guys coming back were on minutes restrictions.

[Surely we want to try and win this easy to schedule game against a D1 opponent. Shouldn’t be difficult to do on short notice with a team that’s had limited practice time together and zero exhibition/scrimmage games.
    I was surprised they didn't add a game after Christmas. Seem like long time to go in between games.

All you have to do is watch what other programs have been doing. They know scheduling is fluid. Programs are arranging "alternate" games in case their primary games are cancelled. You also have to be watching daily what might becoming available for covid cancellations.

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    I trust you to do the right thing.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    I have not seen anything official stating or showing Newman is locked in as a replacement game.

Is it possible.Newman has agreed to do this subject to WSU not be able to find an acceptable D-1 opponent?

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

If they end up doing back-to-back games of ECU vs WSU at WSU in late February, how does that work with something like Q2 road games? Would they both be counted as home games for WSU?
    I can't see them counting for anything else ... They are what they are.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    Start JB, CJ, RC, Porter and lil Wade.
    My preference would be to work in the newcomers throughout most of the game with the more experienced guys. My thinking this is a better way to learn then playing with a bunch of guys who are all in the learining mode. Mix the lineups liberally if you like but i would have a mix of 3 experienced guys and 2 newbies through most of the game. If we get late in the game and the game is well in haNd you can then throw a fivesome of newbies out there together. Just an alternative approach to maybe consider.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 28, 2020, 03:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ted Lasso's Neighbor
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I do like the idea of getting an extra conference home game out of this... Though ECU MIGHT end up being a Q2 road game ... Though I think no matter what it wouldn't account for anything anyways because it's ECU.
    If they end up doing back-to-back games of ECU vs WSU at WSU in late February, how does that work with something like Q2 road games? Would they both be counted as home games for WSU?

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

WSU has had a month to pick up games they lost from getting kicked out of South Dakato. I see almost everyday games getting cancelled and other teams looking to find new opponents. What has WSU rescheduled? ESU and now Newman.

I give WSU a pass for ESU. I can understand just wanting to get everybody on the court in a game atmosphere. But Newman? there is no way they tried to get anybody else in between the cancellation was announced and when they announced Newman.

WSU needs D1 games and D1 wins. WSU would be better off just cancelling and practicing than taking a chance on getting covid from a team that is not facing the same covid protocols that WSU is going thru.
    12/2 - ORU
    12/6 - Mizzou
    12/12 - OSU
    12/15 - Tulsa
    12/18 - Emporia
    12/22 - USF
    Christmas
    12/30 - ECU/Newman

Where would you propose picking up another game in that schedule? Keep in mind we didn’t have a full team to practice until after the Mizzou game and even then the guys coming back were on minutes restrictions.

Surely we want to try and win this easy to schedule game against a D1 opponent. Shouldn’t be difficult to do on short notice with a team that’s had limited practice time together and zero exhibition/scrimmage games.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    I do like the idea of getting an extra conference home game out of this... Though ECU MIGHT end up being a Q2 road game ... Though I think no matter what it wouldn't account for anything anyways because it's ECU.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SB Shock
    replied
    Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

You bet your sweet a$$ its not easy to pickup a power 5 school for a basketball game when your league game is canceled on Monday and your looking for a game on Wednesday. What world do you live in?
    WSU has had a month to pick up games they lost from getting kicked out of South Dakato. I see almost everyday games getting cancelled and other teams looking to find new opponents. What has WSU rescheduled? ESU and now Newman.

I give WSU a pass for ESU. I can understand just wanting to get everybody on the court in a game atmosphere. But Newman? there is no way they tried to get anybody else in between the cancellation was announced and when they announced Newman.

WSU needs D1 games and D1 wins. WSU would be better off just cancelling and practicing than taking a chance on getting covid from a team that is not facing the same covid protocols that WSU is going thru.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Considering the reschedule was done like 20 min after the cancellation.... Doesn't seem like a lot of effort was put into getting ahold of anyone.

​​​​​​
    Taylor is right on as usual. Add a fill in game for Wednesday. Doesn't necessarily matter who it is as the AAC schedule will provide enough of a challenge. Still could fit the ECU game in later in the year. Not a big deal, IMO. You don't just call up a P5 or any decent D1 team on two days notice, especially when you look at the Monday - Wednesday schedule and most every team that would be available is already playing a game. Criticism of this is nonsense.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X