Wichita State vs. Newman Pregame Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    I thought that non D1 games received exactly ZERO weight in the NET calculations. In the NCAA Selection Committee’s eyes, it’s like the game didn’t happen. If that’s the case, then we could lose to Newman and it wouldn’t hurt us in the NET (though I’d like to not test that theory).
    Non-Div I games will not be in the NET calculations. It will be on the team sheet (they have a place for Non-Div I games), so the selection committee will see the results and it will help frame their "eye test".

Comment

• Trevin's quickness does give him the ability to be a really good guard defender. But we have other good guards (better than him imo), and I just don't see enough minutes available to go past a 10 player rotation. Additionally, Trevin's size (especially combined with AG's small stature) limits the teams flexibility to switch on defense, etc. Trevin would have to play in front of Porter and imo, he isn't as good as CP. Trevin will have to wait his turn the next two years, providing that we don't have injuries to players this year that thrusts him into a major role.

Comment

• We already know Udeze is good against weak opponents and not so good against good competition. In my opinion I
        don't think much will change as he has already pretty much reached his potential. I believe both PBC and JB have
        much more encouraging upsides and neither have begun to reach their potential. The only real value I see in this
        game is as a confidence builder for freshmen especially JB. I'd sure hate to see a key player get injured in a game
        such as this. Ten minutes max for our normal starting five.

Comment

• TBD how it will hold up as the year progresses but Mo is shooting much better from the free throw line this year. I doubt it will stay at 80% but I said before the year I would be happy with 65%+.

I’ve seen him make several nice passes this year and has seemed like less of a black hole in the post in each successive game.

He leads the team in blocks at 1.3/game. That seems pretty good to me.

He may be at or near his ceiling already but there are definitely things he can still improve upon that would make him a more effective and valuable player. Defending without fouling is the most obvious. Rebounding. Improving his ability pivot to his right would instantly make him a more dangerous post threat. I’ve seen him do that a few times lately so it seems it’s something he’s working on.

Until Poor Bear and Bilau prove otherwise I think Udeze is our #1 option at the 5 and I don’t think that’s a problem for our long term prospects.

He’s not THE solution at post but he’s a big part of what could be an effective three headed monster.

Comment

• Udeze takes more charges than anyone this side of E. Wesel (J. White doesn't qualify).

Mo and Poor Bear are serviceable at the Pivot, or at least it looked that way in AAC play so far...

Comment

• If anyone needs tickets, please respond here asap.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                If anyone needs tickets, please respond here asap.
                Pyper does

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  If anyone needs tickets, please respond here asap.
                  Would love to get out to a game in person this year. Was thinking about making the trip down to Houston too but definitely missing CKA on game days.
                  Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Check PM

Comment

• Does The Alley have ESPN+?

Comment

Working...
                      X