Wichita State vs. Newman Pregame Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Should not be hard - I remember Sticky telling us that we needed to cancel the ND tournament games and just go schedule some p5 games.
    How did that tournament work out ...

Yea.. might want to realize every time you bring that up you are congratulating me on being right that travel then was a bad idea

Comment

When is the next game for the teams in northeast Kansas?

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
        Game vs ECU postponed because of their COVID. WSU looking for a replacement opponent.

Wichita State Athletics - Official Athletics Website (goshockers.com)
        WHAT? ****!

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
          When is the next game for the teams in northeast Kansas?
          Ksu plays tomorrow. So that's unlikely

KU is available until the 2nd... So that's unlikely

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Ksu plays tomorrow. So that's unlikely

KU is available until the 2nd... So that's unlikely
            LoL. Funny and true. Yes, I could have looked it up myself but I just refuse to. I have standards.

Comment

Picked up Newman to play us.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                Hopefully we can find something. I expect it will be tough but not impossible considering the circumstances this year.

Obviously we can’t be too picky at this late stage but I wonder what level team they will target or if it will just be any team. I can see a benefit for each level.

ESU level allows us to develop depth, experiment and pad the W-L record but won’t really help us come tourney time.

Mizzou level would give us another shot at picking up an out of conference resume builder but a win is not guaranteed and probably wouldn’t allow the end of the bench to touch the court.
                WVU?
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by apkbaum View Post
                  That’s fantastic. Way to pick up a quality opponent.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Comment

I guess it not so easy to pick up P5 schools or WSU just hoisted up the white flag on this season.

Comment

Hopefully they don't take the "Quick and Easy" approach to the coaching search that they are applying to these reschedules.

Comment

I guess it not so easy to pick up P5 schools or WSU just hoisted up the white flag on this season.
                          Considering the reschedule was done like 20 min after the cancellation.... Doesn't seem like a lot of effort was put into getting ahold of anyone.

​​​​​​
                          Last edited by Stickboy46; December 28, 2020, 01:16 PM.

Comment

You bet your sweet a$$ its not easy to pickup a power 5 school for a basketball game when your league game is canceled on Monday and your looking for a game on Wednesday. What world do you live in?

Oh I know. Next you will tell us Windmills cause cancer.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Considering the reschedule was done like 20 min after the cancellation.... Doesn't seem like a lot of effort was put into getting ahold of anyone.
                              I think you are still underestating the challenge of scheduling.

Also, did any of the teams who played in the Mower Classic in SD develop Covid issues directly related to the tourney? If not, would be pretty tough to argue that playing that tournament would have been a negative in any way shape or form.

The teams with the Covid issues picked them up in their home cities where the players are free to live their own lives and make their own decisions unlike road games where their schedules are pre determined and it’s much easier to keep them in a bubble.

Newman won’t help the tourney resume but it’s a game against a team that isn’t WSU. It should be a win and allow us to develop depth. It’s better than no game at all which was a likely outcome considering they had two days to find a replacement for ECU.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Also, did any of the teams who played in the Mower Classic in SD develop Covid issues directly related to the tourney? If not, would be pretty tough to argue that playing that tournament would have been a negative in any way shape or form..
                                I can name 1... WSU
                                We don't go... We likely don't have to quarantine half our team because they sat on a plane with an infected travel party member to play in a tournament that was a shell of what we signed up for.

​​​​​The Missouri and OSU games likely look way different because we would have nearly the entire team for them and maybe even had an extra game before hand if we found something locally.

So no I don't need to argue it ... because it happened

Also I understand the newman thing. Just now all our eggs are in the conference basket. Had an opportunity to maybe get a tournament level team on the schedule, but that's not what the coaches wanted. Which is fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X