X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State @ Drake - Game & Pre-Game Thread

Shoot around.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

The first of the last 8 MVC games against opponents with .500 + records. Creighton came out of Drake having been tested hard. They'll be up for us but we should handle Drake with relative ease. We're simply better. Just don't come out flat, play with a chip on your shoulder and start learning when to finish a team off instead of letting them back in the second half.

Comment

If they tested Creighton hard and if they will be up for us, which I agree with, then I'm not sure why you think we should handle them with ease.

If we handle them, I think it will be with great effort, mental toughness and strong team play. None of which is particularly easy, especially on the road.

Good Luck, Shocks.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 28, 2012, 04:00 PM.

Comment

How does Stutz look?

Comment

Didn't Drake beat Iowa State at home this Season already? Iowa State just beat KU. Drake is young but tough at home. I just want us to win but I doubt it will be eay at all. Creighton has Bradley at home so we just keep winning and we will be finer than a frog-hair.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Please don't lose to Drake. Not this year. Purdy, purdy, pleeease?
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Better late than never on getting this thread started. Shox 72 bowlegged dogs 62

Comment

Our non-conference opponents are helping us out nicely so far today.

Alabama snapped its skid and won at home against Arkansas. Tulsa continues their red-hot streak with a road win against SMU. Temple is spanking St. Joe's 38-24 at halftime.

Colorado (our best shot at sneaking an opponent into the top 50) trails on the road at UCLA 47-41 with 17 minutes remaining. This is a game the Buffs need to win if they're going to make a move in the PAC-12.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Please don't lose to Drake. Not this year. Purdy, purdy, pleeease?
                  Bullpups just need some guidance along the way. They are NOT a team to take lightly. Again, we catch a team at home that is not happy from losing the game before. Thus, we know they will come out blazing and wanting to ugly us to death. Hall and Stutz--- Stutz and Hall-- inside then out.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                    Didn't Drake beat Iowa State at home this Season already? Iowa State just beat KU. Drake is young but tough at home.
                    Agreed. BTW, UNI also beat Iowas State (in Ames) so todays win by Iowa State over KU is a nice RPI win for Drake, UNI and the MVC.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                      Our non-conference opponents are helping us out nicely so far today.

Alabama snapped its skid and won at home against Arkansas. Tulsa continues their red-hot streak with a road win against SMU. Temple is spanking St. Joe's 38-24 at halftime.

Colorado (our best shot at sneaking an opponent into the top 50) trails on the road at UCLA 47-41 with 17 minutes remaining. This is a game the Buffs need to win if they're going to make a move in the PAC-12.
                      Colorado looking like a loss, Temple a blowout win. Ill. St. taking SIU behind the woodshed, 41-19 with 10:30 left, SIU might not break 30.

Comment

Again, we should not take Drake lightly. We lost to Creighton by 7, and Creighton won at Drake by 8. Drake's 5 losses are to Creighton (twice), to Northern Iowa (twice) and once to Missouri State. Ravonte Rice is having a very good season. We need to start this game firing on all cylinders.

Shockers - 72
                        Bulldogs - 68

Comment

Dogs Underestimate Lynn's Offensive Strategy. Everybody Scores.

90-76

Drake tries to run with the Shocks. Big mistake.
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Most important game of the year, because we play it today!!!

I don't care if we win by 1...or 21.

19-3, 10-1 would look pretty good come Monday.

Comment

I hope the shockers play hard the whole game and if they get a big lead don't let it dwindle.

I also want the OU- Kstate game to be a blow out. Don't want to miss my shockers play.

Comment

Working...
                              X