Contemporaneous list of articles mentioning Wichita State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contemporaneous list of articles mentioning Wichita State

I just started up a new page on Shocker Hoops that I'll try and update every few days with a list of articles, videos, and audio that is relevant to Wichita State basketball.

To access it from any page on Shocker Hoops, it's simply under the "news" link on the navigation bar. It also has a link on SN at the top now. Feel free to book mark if if you'd like.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Me likey lots

Comment

Great idea. And may the pages far exceed EO's unbelievable numbers.

Comment

Updated it for the weekend.

Comment

Thanks for this, it will be very handy!

Comment

Thanks guys, I forgot to tell you that.

But I updated it again for 1/31

Comment

Updated for 2/1/2012, added 5 articles for the day.

Comment

Ya think, Seth?

@SethDavisHoops
                Seth Davis
                Wichita St looking more and more like a solid NCAA tourney team. Win at Missouri St last night makes Shockers 10-2 in Valley, 19-4 overall

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                  Updated for 2/1/2012, added 5 articles for the day.

http://shockerhoops.net/wichita-state-basketball-news/
                  Kai, I really like what you are doing with this page. Great resource. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
                    Kai, I really like what you are doing with this page. Great resource. thanks
                    Thanks a ton! I do this all the time on Twitter, and thought why not just make a page for it that people can use as a resource. It's had a lot of hits, so I'm glad I do it, means there was a need for something like this.

And the 2/2/2012 news dump is updated btw.

http://shockerhoops.net/wichita-state-basketball-news/

Comment

Editor’s note: ESPN.com writers Eamonn Brennan, Jason King and Myron Medcalf are joined by ESPN Insider John Gasaway to discuss four burning questions in college basketball.

Gasaway really loves us.

Can't wait until next season when he pulls a Seth-Jay Katz and argues that non-BCS don't pass the "eye test".

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                        http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...ng-questions-3

Gasaway really loves us.

Can't wait until next season when he pulls a Seth-Jay Katz and argues that non-BCS don't pass the "eye test".
                        Thanks for adding stuff to the list. I never even thought of that, if anyone else has articles I haven't found, just post them up in here and I'll add them to the list.

Big ups to you @Anthroshock:

Comment

Just saw this on ESPN this morning. As much as we don't like Creighton, Grant Gibbs shows us some respect near the bottom of the article.

He ranks third in the nation with a scoring average of 23.6 points per game. Still, as good as Doug McDermott has been for Creighton this season, the Wooden Award candidate is hardly the only reason the No.
                          Three things in life are constant- death, taxes, and Creighton losing in the first weekend of the tournament.

AAC or Bust!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFan87 View Post
                            Just saw this on ESPN this morning. As much as we don't like Creighton, Grant Gibbs shows us some respect near the bottom of the article.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...ns-grant-gibbs
                            Great article... hard not to like Mr. Gibbs. Talk about being a team player and a leader. My respectometer just went up a couple of notches.

I loved this part of the article:

"Speaking of unselfishness, I heard an interesting tale about you involving McDermott and some technical fouls at Nebraska. What happened?

It was a stagnant game. Nebraska was doubling Doug and doing a bunch of stuff to mess up his rhythm. There was a situation where I got fouled (while shooting) and then they got nailed with two technicals (one on a player for arguing the call, another for coach Doc Sadler leaving the bench). So we had six free throws to shoot. I thought we needed to do something to get Doug going. He hadn’t had many good looks and he’s a good free throw shooter. I told Coach, ‘I’ll shoot the two I have to shoot, but let Doug take the other four so he can get his confidence back and his rhythm going.’ I knew we were going to need him down the stretch. He made me look like a genius, because he ended up scoring 10 points in the last 10 minutes of the game. Note: Creighton won 76-66."
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                              Great article... hard not to like Mr. Gibbs. Talk about being a team player and a leader. My respectometer just went up a couple of notches.

I loved this part of the article:

"Speaking of unselfishness, I heard an interesting tale about you involving McDermott and some technical fouls at Nebraska. What happened?

It was a stagnant game. Nebraska was doubling Doug and doing a bunch of stuff to mess up his rhythm. There was a situation where I got fouled (while shooting) and then they got nailed with two technicals (one on a player for arguing the call, another for coach Doc Sadler leaving the bench). So we had six free throws to shoot. I thought we needed to do something to get Doug going. He hadn’t had many good looks and he’s a good free throw shooter. I told Coach, ‘I’ll shoot the two I have to shoot, but let Doug take the other four so he can get his confidence back and his rhythm going.’ I knew we were going to need him down the stretch. He made me look like a genius, because he ended up scoring 10 points in the last 10 minutes of the game. Note: Creighton won 76-66."
                              Can you put up a picture of Gibbs and a young Matthew Modine, WState?

Comment

Working...
                              X