No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. Emporia State Pregame Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESU's mascot seems just a tad on the creepy side.

esu.jpg
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

esu.jpg
      Mascots by nature, generally seem to be creepy. Kind of like clowns in that regard.

Comment

At least they are not Killer Hornets, though perhaps they should change their name to be in sync with the parlance of their time?

Comment

Comment

I greatly appreciate Kansas schools allowing high school students to coach at the NCAA level.

Comment

I’m not taking any team lightly this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

esu.jpg
                That’s Corky. When I was there the president of the university tried a campaign called “Stingers Up” where we put our pinkies in the air. Many fraternities took the slogan to heart but used a different appendage. It became a meme in the bedrooms.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                  So we aren't going to get their best shot. But I can't blame them.

Hopefully this means we will see a lot of Porter, Jackson, Council, Bilau, Trevin, Jenkins and Seymour.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    So we aren't going to get their best shot. But I can't blame them.
                    Smart coach.

I like that IB reached out to them and doesn't have a "nothing to gain" mentality. Also, I think having a tune-up game could be very helpful right now. I wish we had a couple more earlier on, but this year you get what you get.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Excited to finally get a glimpse of Jenkins and Seymour today. I’ve heard various media members hyping each guy.

In the case of Jenkins it would be nice to build some depth behind Tyson at the 2 and maybe Dex at the 3. It’s a tough ask to expect him to be able to shoot it like Tyson or to bring the same leadership and experience but he is several inches taller and athletic so he could provide a different look.

As far as Seymour goes, Coach Brown mentioned he had been working at the 4 and 5. At 6’9 (nice) he would add some much needed height to the rotation. Plus have you seen this guys recruiting tape? It’s full of alley oop dunks and blocking shots into dust. It’s always a mystery how quickly their high school footage will translate to the college but I’m intrigued. Can he shoot? Is he more under control on offense than Monzy?

Also ready to see little Wade back on the court, I like his defense and athleticism, as well as more of Bilau. Glad we were able to pick up this game.

Comment

Just realized RCIV is leading the team in rebounds with 5.7 per game despite only averaging 13.7 minutes. As a comparison, Mo is 3/18.8 and IPBC is 2.5/13.8. Love the kid motor and can't wait for the first circus dunk. Good sh1t!

Comment

RCIV does give me a little UH Nate Hinton vibes, especially the way he rebounds the ball as a guard. Think Hinton averaged 8 or 9 rebounds a game last year if I remember right
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

To our post players defense, our guards generally gather a lot of boards because our bigs #1 job is to block out the opposing big man.

Comment

Yes it will be nice to finally see Chauncey J. and Seymour play. They look pretty bad ass in their high-school videos.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                                Their Thursday game was probably postponed because the opponent is in covid protocol. Lincoln was supposed to play the other team I follow (Washburn) on Saturday but the game is postponed.
                                Last edited by WeWillShockU; December 18, 2020, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X